advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason he can’t be bothered is because he is very skilled, can work anywhere in Europe and Britain is not the only country that has nice places, he’s gone to work in Copenhagen.
Not sure why you mention Britain isn’t the only country that has nice places, but good for him. He should be a happy bunny, lots of people don’t have any work at all.

Not sure why you mention Britain isn’t the only country that has nice places, but good for him. He should be a happy bunny, lots of people don’t have any work at all.

without highly skilled people generating wealth there will be even more people without any work, Britain loses out on him not coming here, it’s not a case of there being someone from the UK doing the job instead, it’s a lost job, it’s gone to Denmark.

Any of your good for the UK positives haven't made it to the thread, though.
UK would probably have allowed the EU to sort its vaccines if it was not already halfway out the door. There's one massive humanitarian fvck-up, staring you in the face.

UK would probably have allowed the EU to sort its vaccines if it was not already halfway out the door. There's one massive humanitarian fvck-up, staring you in the face.
The ‘probably’ is doing a lot of work in that sentence. The UK was offered participation in the EU PPE procurement and declined. Why would it have accepted the vaccine thing? You’ll recall that the Oxford/AZ vaccine was developed with a big wedge of UK funding, too. Why would we do that? I think the supposition that we’d have thrown in our lot with the EU lacks a strong evidential basis, especially given our tendency towards being the odd man out, for decades.

without highly skilled people generating wealth there will be even more people without any work, Britain loses out on him not coming here, it’s not a case of there being someone from the UK doing the job instead, it’s a lost job, it’s gone to Denmark.
Why on earth are you telling me all that? You already said he’s gone to Denmark. That’s good news for him despite his whinging on about losing work. I’m glad he’s so highly skilled.

Give up, rich. As shown time and again, the EU can do no wrong.

The ‘probably’ is doing a lot of work in that sentence. The UK was offered participation in the EU PPE procurement and declined. Why would it have accepted the vaccine thing? You’ll recall that the Oxford/AZ vaccine was developed with a big wedge of UK funding, too. Why would we do that? I think the supposition that we’d have thrown in our lot with the EU lacks a strong evidential basis, especially given our tendency towards being the odd man out, for decades.
Thankfully we were no longer part of EU Titanic and did not need to find out if your theory was correct.

In other post-Brexit news, Liz Truss seems to have got FTA discussions with the Australian cousins off to a flying start:
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ias-trade-minister-a-serious-setback-to-talks
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...actics-by-insulting-australias-trade-minister
The attitudes and tactics are quite remarkable. Where did these people crawl from?

“The Telegraph also quoted unnamed sources in Truss’s department as saying Australia needed to show “some serious movement on their side”.

The rhetoric is similar to that deployed by the hapless Raab after he was parachuted in to relieve “thick as mince and lazy as a toad” David Davies of his duties as Minister for Exiting the EU. Raab told the EU ‘they had to get real about negotiating’ with him.

Not really doing much work. Without a brexit vote the government would have had a very different agenda on many things.

That's only a tenuous possibility.
I don't think you can anything like have that as a definite.

The UK had a consitent record of opt outs as a member. Originally there was the infamous Social Chapter, which became moot after further amendment and agreement in Blair's time. But there then followed, The Schengen Agreement, Economic and Monetary Union, Charter Of Funamental Rights, Area Of Freedom, Security & Justice. All of which the UK opted out of, it certainly would have been no big issue to do the same with a vaccine roll out.

Although it's also possible that the UK could have played a leading roll against a different backdrop. We'll never know.

Why on earth are you telling me all that? You already said he’s gone to Denmark. That’s good news for him despite his whinging on about losing work. I’m glad he’s so highly skilled.

Because of your lack of understanding of the harm Brexit is causing to the people of the U.K. and the country itself, being surprised at people not being able to move around freely around after Brexit shows a monumental lack of knowledge about how countries, firms and people behave since it was all made quite clear before the vote.

Ah yes...Titanic captained by Napoleon who arrived at the embarcation port in a phalanx of Zils. Do you do golf club metaphors?
Merkel was down in the boiler room trying to plant a massive charge while Ursula was attempting to create a diversion in the officers’ mess by posing as a Clacton swinger and UKIP supporter-

r6FtKGT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back