advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is red bus advertising. The key message is that migrant boats are still arriving in the UK and by throwing in a porky he ensures that the key message reaches a wider audience.

Good to see you are supporting your spirit guru. Bless.
Farage always was good at milking gullible seniors.

What border? I see no border. Extra thick DUP agriculture minister tries to make customs border infrastructure go away by not paying for it -but customs border there will be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56217647

...someone should have explained to him what Brexit meant before he and the rest of goose stepping Loyalists voted so enthusiastically for it.

Well to be fair to the NI equivalent of the GOP, Boris did, as it were..

"There will be no border down the Irish Sea… over my dead body." British Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaking to The Irish News in August 2020.

I'm sure as an old E(a)tonian, he'll know when to do the decent thing :)

More Europe: Health from David Sassoli.
We cannot go backwards. We need to develop a truly European health policy, with clearly defined competences for the EU institutions. We cannot allow bilateral agreements and vaccine nationalism. Modifying the Treaties can no longer be a taboo.
We cannot return to the world of before the pandemic. We need more democracy, more solidarity, more Europe.
https://twitter.com/EP_President/status/1364950263895887873
https://www.google.com/search?q=dav...33j0i13l5.20478j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Well to be fair to the NI equivalent of the GOP, Boris did, as it were..

"There will be no border down the Irish Sea… over my dead body." British Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaking to The Irish News in August 2020.

I'm sure as an old E(a)tonian, he'll know when to do the decent thing :)
Yes I remember the arse cheek clenching Ulster business meeting over a year ago whith Boris’s chubby little hand grasping a Diet Coke while the other hand shot out emphasising that “there would be no checks, they could trust him...nod nod wink wink”. I can still see the looks on their faces as they asked themselves, “is he lying to us or is he lying to the EU?”.

More Europe: Health from David Sassoli.
We cannot go backwards. We need to develop a truly European health policy, with clearly defined competences for the EU institutions. We cannot allow bilateral agreements and vaccine nationalism. Modifying the Treaties can no longer be a taboo.
We cannot return to the world of before the pandemic. We need more democracy, more solidarity, more Europe.
https://twitter.com/EP_President/status/1364950263895887873
https://www.google.com/search?q=dav...33j0i13l5.20478j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Sounds good. Do you have a problem with it?

The Bamford family are +/- like royalty in Staffordshire.
From the “where there’s muck there’s brass” wing of the British nouveau squireocracy. You don’t need to be Professor Anthony Clare to divine where the Bamfords get their anti-EU fixation:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2000/dec/22/6?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Bulldozer group JCB was yesterday fined £22m after the European Commission ruled that the company had seriously violated EU competition law.
The commission said JCB had been engaging in the illegal practices for 10 years, affecting the £4.7bn market for earthmoving machinery. JCB has 13% of the market but 45% of the smaller backhoe loader market.

Clan Bamford have been tax dodgers since before the current brood- the late Bamfords were tax exiles in Switzerland and their paternalistic attitude toward their workers extends to telling them how to vote.

Sounds good. Do you have a problem with it?
Bild certainly does have a problem when they point out Angela's decision of being part of EU collective vaccine bargaining has resulted in Germany 4.6% (5.9m) and UK 38.1% (20.9m). What is the response of the EU, as usual we need more Europe.

Fewer now. He sacked 1000 of them in 2020 with the down turn.
Reminds of of the QT audience that applauded when one of the pink n moist members announced proudly that Dyson was a smart Brexit supporting business man for moving thousands of manufacturing jobs out of the U.K as Farage or one of the other kippers on the panel diverted their attention to two Africans swimming across the Channel on an inner tube to take their imaginery jobs.

A workforce of 11,000 is still a large contribution to the UK economy, not to mention the approximate X4 supplier jobs.

It doesn’t go any way to compensate the hundreds of thousands who have lost their jobs and future opportunities thanks to the Brexit economic disaster he helped so much to fund. Bamford is a thoroughly nasty piece of work IMHO, as his voting record in the HoL testifies.

Bild certainly does have a problem when they point out Angela's decision of being part of EU collective vaccine bargaining has resulted in Germany 4.6% (5.9m) and UK 38.1% (20.9m). What is the response of the EU, as usual we need more Europe.

Any follower of EC habituals would have predicted that, having temporarily annexed their way into the EU membership's health services, they would try to consolidate the position post crisis. Power that the EC takes in times of crisis, the EC keeps.

"Europe will be forged in crises, and will be the sum of the solutions adopted for those crises." Jean Monnet.

We clearly need to think positive and have more businesses that employ 11,000 people in the UK and not transfer production to China.
JCB does not employ 11000 people in the UK, at least not directly. They have 3 large factories in India, one nice big one in China (Pudong), one in Brazil, one in the US, etc. If you believe that JCB does not transfer work to any of those factories to reduce costs, you don't understand how multinational companies like JCB operate.

JCB does not employ 11000 people in the UK, at least not directly. They have 3 large factories in India, one nice big one in China (Pudong), one in Brazil, one in the US, etc. If you believe that JCB does not transfer work to any of those factories to reduce costs, you don't understand how multinational companies like JCB operate.
Thanks,I stand corrected:
JCB - which has its global headquarters in Rocester - currently has 11 sites in the UK at Wrexham , Derbyshire and Staffordshire, with a total workforce of 6,500.

Globally it has 22 factories.

Still a big benefit to the UK and we need more enterprise like it as we shake off the failing EU.

Still a big benefit to the UK and we need more enterprise like it as we shake off the failing EU.
We need a lot more now than we needed before we left. I’m not sure I yet understand how we are going to bring it about, though. Are we relying on that peculiar British blend of pluck, sense of entitlement, and wishful thinking?

But actually, I’m not sure I’m that comfortable with relying too heavily on the Bamford business model. It’s a bit controlling in its fundamental nature, a bit of a throwback to the 1950s in its outlook in its views on fripperies like workers’ rights and staff representation, or annoying distractions like equality legislation.

Colin, you've left the EU. Get over it.
The question now, as far as JCB is concerned, is whether they will add proportionally more jobs inside the UK than outside, or whether they will do a Dyson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back