advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the florid evangelical zeal I’m fascinated by, just as there are people able to articulately explain (at great length) what’s written in The Watchtower to you and engage you in dialogue about its remarkable content. Ultimately though you have to make a judgement about whether it’s a good use of time.

Then there’s the ability to forgive sins, the most egregious sins but only when they are committed by a justified sinner of your own persuasion.

I'm pretty sure any future Scottish independence campaign would be accompanied by zeal. It's part of the baggage with most elections.

I do think some of the Leave campaigners believed in the idea of a better future. Johnson was more of an opportunist. It didn't seem to bother me at the time, because I honestly thought that Cameron was going to see through what he initiated.

Was Cameron the biggest liar of all?

I'm pretty sure any future Scottish independence campaign would be accompanied by zeal. It's part of the baggage with most elections.

I do think some of the Leave campaigners believed in the idea of a better future. Johnson was more of an opportunist. It didn't seem to bother me at the time, because I honestly thought that Cameron was going to see through what he initiated.

Was Cameron the biggest liar of all?
obviously the Leave campaign offered a better future. They were going to save £350M a week and put it in the nhs, remember? All that free money.

But then most leave voters thought I've just got to answer a question then I can go back to sleep.
Unless there was a threat to Brexit happening there was very little interest. You Tube has become a platform, but that is only 30,000 per day on the Brexit side.

I do think some of the Leave campaigners believed in the idea of a better future.
And the tooth fairy.
And Father Christmas.
And that I can only get my money out of a Nigerian bank with their help, for which I'm prepared to pay ridiculously handsomely.
Etc, etc...

Signora sent a package of birthday presents to her best friend in Italy last week. All the paperwork done, designated a gift, and the courier in Italy wouldn’t hand it over until €50 had been paid. FFS.
I think it will be Amazon vouchers from now on.
Happy days

Signora sent a package of birthday presents to her best friend in Italy last week. All the paperwork done, designated a gift, and the courier in Italy wouldn’t hand it over until €50 had been paid. FFS.
Happy days
We got our sovereignty back didn't we? What's wrong with a bit of patriotism round here?

Happy days
I think it’s called the cost of doing Brexit. Look on it as pay out to help out ( the government).

Another positive popped up on a RTE radio show yesterday. Scottish guy involved in the boating industry in Ireland explaining the impact for people buying boats from the UK. Costs going forward +30%. The positive is for the French and Med second hand boat market as Irish punters who historically all bought from the UK will now switch to mainland Europe. Same for me for any power tools and building products that were historically always sourced from the multitude of excellent UK companies a lot of them family run business's. Postage costs are now higher for me but prices are broadly similar but now German, French and Italian shops get the business.

BTW I should add the second hand car market which for the last 10yrs has been thriving with Irish customers taking lots of stock from UK garages. That will drop to a trickle.

I suppose Boris did say fxck business he probably just didn't finish the sentence by saying 'This is all about me getting into power'

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back