advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever seen a wine lake?
NI in a mess. Bojo on the tv talking about going down the pub to have a pint. No sign of those promised shared Bojo vaccines for little auld Ireland. Ah it was only another ruse like the red bus. Quel Surprise! Life is fun let's talk about imaginary wine lakes and ignore the fishy stories up in Scotland.

UKIP/Tory tactic is to keep pumping dry ice whilst talking nonsense. Get the electorate down the pub and drunk before they start thinking straight.

No, unless you’re talking about an extremely low number of people to the point they are inconsequential from the 17.4 million. How many people do you think this poster might have ‘resonated’ with?

Ahead of the referendum I heard a damn sight more people speaking about immigration continuing with a points system based on skills and need. I didn’t hear anyone talk about actually preventing immigration. Since the referendum, the only people who throw this one in are hard remainers, who coincidentally like to make the racist accusation, so it obviously fits with their own prejudices.

Do you know a single person who wants to ‘prevent’ immigration? I certainly don’t.
I work with one. He thought (and argued at great length) that Brexit would get rid of all these Poles and P****s. But then he is a full blown idiot and he is not alone.
I think the expression is "noted"...

I work with one. He thought (and argued at great length) that Brexit would get rid of all these Poles and P****s. But then he is a full blown idiot and he is not alone.
I think the expression is "noted"...

I think it’s common knowledge there are racists everywhere, even in a majority remain country like Scotland.

Out of interest, Ken. Would you say you’ve heard more mention of a points based immigration system than of preventing immigration?

No, unless you’re talking about an extremely low number of people to the point they are inconsequential from the 17.4 million. How many people do you think this poster might have ‘resonated’ with?
I reckon 3 or 4 million. Maybe more.

I think it’s common knowledge there are racists everywhere, even in a majority remain country like Scotland.

Out of interest, Ken. Would you say you’ve heard more mention of a points based immigration system than of preventing immigration?
I would say I haven't heard anything from this type of person other than preventing immigration. A foolish notion given the near total reliance on migrant workers in British agriculture and ironically, so many other fields.
Curiously, I cannot think of hearing any overt anti-English sentiment for decades now. Scotland v England matches used to be a hotbed for it but I haven't experienced one since the seventies.

I would say I haven't heard anything from this type of person other than preventing immigration. A foolish notion given the near total reliance on migrant workers in British agriculture and ironically, so many other fields.
Curiously, I cannot think of hearing any overt anti-English sentiment for decades now. Scotland v England matches used to be a hotbed for it but I haven't experienced one since the seventies.
I think it’s fair to assume that if you speak to a lot of racists ( that type of person ) they are likely to mention immigration in a very negative manner.

I said...

As you know, I wasn’t talking specifcally about that type of person.

Not sure why you’re specifically raising something about anti-English sentiment, by the way. Good to hear you don’t experience it. You’ll be pleased to know I don’t experience anti-Scottish sentiment.

Daffodils not being picked it seems. Migrant labour not available and the locals won't do it. The farmer was on TV, he's established it's not Covid keeping them away. Still, that area voted about 75-80% leave, so they knew what they were getting. They wanted the Poles out, they got it.

NI in a mess. Bojo on the tv talking about going down the pub to have a pint. No sign of those promised shared Bojo vaccines for little auld Ireland. Ah it was only another ruse like the red bus. Quel Surprise! Life is fun let's talk about imaginary wine lakes and ignore the fishy stories up in Scotland.

UKIP/Tory tactic is to keep pumping dry ice whilst talking nonsense. Get the electorate down the pub and drunk before they start thinking straight.
Novavax produced on Teesside and bottled at Barnard Castle should be rolling off the production line for supply in early may, assuming it gets approval.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/29/uk-strikes-deal-gsk-doses-novavax-covid-vaccine

Daffodils not being picked it seems. Migrant labour not available and the locals won't do it. The farmer was on TV, he's established it's not Covid keeping them away. Still, that area voted about 75-80% leave, so they knew what they were getting. They wanted the Poles out, they got it.
There was talk in the British tabloids a couple of years ago about getting a Dad’s Army of pensioners to guard the ports, bit like air raid wardens going round making sure everyone had their curtains shut at night. Could we not get young layabouts to pick daffodils?

whO3BXT.jpg

Rear Admiral Farage shows how it’s done.

There was talk in the British tabloids a couple of years ago about getting a Dad’s Army of pensioners to guard the ports, bit like air raid wardens going round making sure everyone had their curtains shut at night. Could we not get young layabouts to pick daffodils?

whO3BXT.jpg

Rear Admiral Farage shows how it’s done.
That's what we want. North Sea Camp is near the daffodil area around Spalding, it's an open prison. We should get them out of there. Simple choice, if they make quota, they eat.

That's what we want. North Sea Camp is near the daffodil area around Spalding, it's an open prison. We should get them out of there. Simple choice, if they make quota, they eat.

He could sell them his £67.50 counselling course https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/you-can-now-book-a-birthday-message-from-nigel-farage-243628/ I heard he has a new song out in the charts called 'I know no racists do you?' The punch line is 'Do you have any evidence?

I would thought sending him to NI as a preacher of the benefits of Brexit could be a great role for him. Get everybody to calm down and just enjoy Brexit and all it's positives.

I doubt there will be much motivation even then if it’s processed ‘food’ on offer.

Ahead of the referendum I heard a damn sight more people speaking about immigration continuing with a points system based on skills and need. I didn’t hear anyone talk about actually preventing immigration. Since the referendum, the only people who throw this one in are hard remainers, who coincidentally like to make the racist accusation, so it obviously fits with their own prejudices.

Do you know a single person who wants to ‘prevent’ immigration? I certainly don’t.
Every Brexshiteer I have ever met.

It is for sure :)

(I probably had a point somewhere around it being easier to get 'clout' as part of a collective, even relatively inefficient, group of countries than trying to be a super-efficient but numerically small independent - but realised there was little point: everybody involved already knows that or doesn't give a d@mn :) )
For me the collective clout of failing to get the vaccines more efficiently than independents, the most important job ever in its history of doing jobs for the people, was enough to stop me listening to remainer arguments.

Meanwhile French pharmacies are throwing vaccines in the bin due to low turnout whilst the French government calls the UK vaccine blackmailers...not sure if that will make the news but it is happening.

For me the collective clout of failing to get the vaccines more efficiently than independents, the most important job ever in its history of doing jobs for the people, was enough to stop me listening to remainer arguments.

Meanwhile French pharmacies are throwing vaccines in the bin due to low turnout whilst the French government calls the UK vaccine blackmailers...not sure if that will make the news but it is happening.

Don't shout too loudly on that. It is really just vaccine selfishness that has given the UK the initial lead. US and Israel are in the same space. I think Hungary are doing well but they are very right wing also.

On your pharmacy story the following links make no suggestion of that. Sounds like a straight banana story.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...-they-lack-doses-amid-AstraZeneca-controversy

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...cancel-vaccinations-as-doses-go-to-pharmacies

Don't shout too loudly on that. It is really just vaccine selfishness that has given the UK the initial lead. US and Israel are in the same space. I think Hungary are doing well but they are very right wing also.

On your pharmacy story the following links make no suggestion of that. Sounds like a straight banana story.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...-they-lack-doses-amid-AstraZeneca-controversy

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...cancel-vaccinations-as-doses-go-to-pharmacies

There must be something in those old straight banana stories after all, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back