advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the real world, Labour needs to identify what the electorate wants for them to vote labour if they wish to be in government. The alternative is to continue on their present course being undermined by Corbyn and union pals, which will delight the Tories.
^This is the voice of Farage^.
Wait till you see public polling on Brexit next Spring...I think Labour are going to do exceedingly well next year.

Back in the real world, Labour needs to identify what the electorate wants for them to vote labour if they wish to be in government. The alternative is to continue on their present course being undermined by Corbyn and union pals, which will delight the Tories.

NO. The electorate need to be TOLD what they want and then conditioned into really really wanting it.... just like the tories have done to them for decades.

Corbyn is exactly what we need, the answer etc etc (in many respects anyway!). The problem is the media brainwashing that makes so many see him as the enemy, what they need to avoid. Even I have to hand it to them... getting turkeys to vote for xmas is quite an achievement! The complete dominance and control of the nation by the wealthy over centuries is ingrained in the collective memory... many seem to think the likes of grease-smugg and blojo really are superior to themselves and have some god given right to rule... and, further, that any attempt to redress this is "unpatriotic", "unBritish". Voting for xmas? They're selling a kidney to buy the Paxo!

The big problem is it's far easier to get people to vote for "give me all the sweeties" (and we'll take some from those people so you get even more if you vote tory!) than it is to get them to see that there are enough sweeties for everyone and that the grown up right thing to do is to share them.

It's ironic really that the very things children have to be taught as regards share and share alike, good manners and consideration cost nothing, bullying is wrong, especially against the disabled boy or the black boy, and all as part of the making of a civilised human being are the first things to be tossed out of the pram by the tory mind set when they reach so called adulthood!

Voting labour is a vote for neoliberal and right of centre politics — just not going to happen. I don’t vote for Neolibs even when they are in the Labour Party.

I like how this sort of thing kind of proves my point about how toxic Labour supporters are. I swear I didn’t even set you up with known red rags. Thank you comrade.
You don’t have a point to prove.

Try the Labour manifesto of you want to know where they’re coming from, not that voting Labour necessarily removes the tory govt.

Sounds like you’re a tory enabler to me.

Voting labour is a vote for neoliberal and right of centre politics — just not going to happen. I don’t vote for Neolibs even when they are in the Labour Party.

Yet you presumably voted to remain in the second biggest neoliberal project of the lot, if you assume that the US is the first.

Curious.

I like how this sort of thing kind of proves my point about how toxic Labour supporters are. I swear I didn’t even set you up with known red rags. Thank you comrade.

I refer you to your post#304. Oh and gen X pulllleese! it makes me sound younger:rolleyes:
We're basically reading from the same hymn book as regards anti capitalism etc but have rather different POV's on the detail;)

Yet you presumably voted to remain in the second biggest neoliberal project of the lot, if you assume that the US is the first.

Curious.

Oh and I'm sure you voted to leave cos you're just SO anti neoliberal! :rolleyes: I prefer to see it as the EU being neoliberal-lite and hence a diluting influence on the worst excesses of unfettered tory/bliar neoliberalism...

Oh and I'm sure you voted to leave cos you're just SO anti neoliberal! :rolleyes: I prefer to see it as the EU being neoliberal-lite and hence a diluting influence on the worst excesses of unfettered tory/bliar neoliberalism...

There's a lot of weight in those words 'I prefer', isn't there? They allow you to seemlessly segue around the essential hypocrisy of the libleft's position on the EU, one that, incidentally, isn't shared by your man Corbyn, which would create another ethical/moral/practical dilemma for you were your Corbyn dream ever to come true.

Very much less seemless is the conflict of your position on the hard left with your utter contempt for the opinions of the very people for whom the left is, or was, their natural home. That is to say, the working man and woman. The ones who voted for independence from the neoliberal EU, and for the restoration of law-making power to the people, the government and the institutions of the UK.

Very much less seemless is the conflict of your position on the hard left with your utter contempt for the opinions of the very people for whom the left is, or was, their natural home. That is to say, the working man and woman.

No less seamless than the hypocrisy of a gentleman of the right pretending they give a toss about working men and women, except when they happen to share common cause on one occasion by being useful Brexit voting fodder. "Independence from the neoliberal EU" yes a common refrain from working class Brexit voters, nearly as common as "it's all the fault of immigrants".

There's a lot of weight in those words 'I prefer', isn't there? They allow to seemlessly segue around the essential hypocrisy of the libleft's position on the EU, one that, incidentally, isn't shared by your man Corbyn, which would create another ethical/moral/practical dilemma for you were your Corbyn dream ever to come true.

Very much less seemless is the conflict of your position on the hard left with your utter contempt for the opinions of the very people for whom the left is, or was, their natural home. That is to say, the working man and woman. The ones who voted for independence from the neoliberal EU, and for the restoration of law-making power to the people, the government and the institutions of the UK.

Tell you what... **** sovereignty, **** the law making powers of the UK gov and its institutions and **** racists, "working" or not. I'll take rule from Brussels any day rather than that of the sort of oxygen thieving pieces of shit who think sovereignty even matters.

No less seamless than the hypocrisy of a gentleman of the right pretending they give a toss about working men and women, except when they happen to share common cause on one occasion by being useful Brexit voting fodder. "Independence from the neoliberal EU" yes a common refrain from working class Brexit voters, nearly as common as "it's all the fault of immigrants".

Stop before you drew your first breath, and got carried away with your 'immigrant' rhetoric.

Where did I say I gave 'a toss' about working men and women?

It isn't me who is the conspicuous working class lefty in this conversation, Steve. I'm a hard-nosed, hateful righty.

Stop before you drew your first breath, and got carried away with your 'immigrant' rhetoric.

Where did I say I gave 'a toss' about working men and women?

It isn't me who is the conspicuous working class lefty in this conversation, Steve. I'm a hard-nosed, hateful righty.

I think you may have missed the point.

Tell you what... **** sovereignty, **** the law making powers of the UK gov and its institutions and **** racists, "working" or not. I'll take rule from Brussels any day rather than that of the sort of oxygen thieving pieces of shit who think sovereignty even matters.

What, like Tony Benn and his pupil, Jeremy Corbyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back