advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through the latter parts of this thread, particularly the current spat with Brian, it is vividly apparent that the hardcore remainers here still haven't progressed beyond the bargaining/anger stages of grief.

“Look I know you voted not to drive over a cliff but we won and we are over the cliff, will you just stop screaming!”

Seems I’m (in)famous. Some of you need to get a grip.

He's just as capable of "progressing" but also chooses not to, you seem to have less of a problem with that. Quelle surprise.

I progressed the morning after the referendum by accepting the outcome. You’re stuck in a timewarp.

Another surprise, and you of course have progressed the most.

Brian has not shifted an inch, he's still blaming people who voted against something ahead of those who actually voted for it. Nor have you "progressed" - except to supporting illegality if it suits your purpose, having entered the debate posing as some old school Tory merely interested in a perceived democratic deficit.

If only those pesky remainers would accept having the country trashed by right wing idealogues - all would be well.
I think it was rbrown who posted that bit in bold the other day. It’s sounds like a good little dig but it’s not entirely true.

It is a given people who voted leave have a responsibility, that doesn’t need to be repeated time after time. I’m talking about how we ever got into the situation of having this yes/no referendum at all because that’s where it all began. Brexit is all to do with the tory party, which means those who put them where they are also have responsibility. If the tories were in opposition none of this would be happening. Only Labour is expected to make policy from opposition, after all.

Read this post from Colin L. Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

What I am saying is very straightforward.
All those who have undermined Labour due to <insert some reason here> and/or voted at GEs in a way that either helped the tories win a seat, or prevented a seat to Labour have responsibility. I am happy to disagree on this with as many members here as you like, I will not budge on that pov. No tory govt=no brexit.

It’s clear the hardcore remainers here have not moved an inch in 4.5 years. People are still counting those who didn’t vote, still on about campaign lies, money from Putin, advisory status... :rolleyes:

I think that Brian is pretty much saying that like it or not, it's happening, so might as well work towards making the best of it, rather than mulling forever over the perceived or actual iniquity of it all.

There is no 'best of it' for some of us though.

The Tories have absolute power for the next 4/8/12/16 years. But this isn't the Conservative party of the past. It's a cabal of Britannia Unchained disaster capitalists that are in control. They are already attacking state institutions and attempting to silence any dissenting voices, mirroring Trump's USA.

The corruption is out in the open for all to see. They are brazen in taking us for fools and many of us accept it.

I suspect even you might find some of what is to come very uncomfortable when you move your gaze from Brexit.

Stephen

I progressed the morning after the referendum by accepting the outcome. You’re stuck in a timewarp.

We are all stuck in a time warp in case you hadn't noticed and no, I don't accept the result of what I consider to be a fraudulant referendum (for the reasons already elequently summarised in post #1793). It has been since further hijacked by people who would never have got their version of Brexit past the public prior to a vote. It's disappointing to see that you do.

We are all stuck in a time warp in case you hadn't noticed and no, I don't accept the result of what I consider to be a fraudulant referendum (for the reasons already elequently summarised in post #1793). It has been since further hijacked by people who would never have got their version of Brexit past the public prior to a vote. It's disappointing to see that you do.
There is nothing I can do until 2024, but be assured over the last few years I have written many questioning emails to my safe seat tory MP. I have a survey from him to complete even now on their general (mis)handling of corona among other things. It’s difficult to do without ranting, which will be ignored so I’m taking my time.

I’ll add...

I’m disappointed at the complaints about brexit and about the tories posted here by people unable to sort out their priorities at a general election. They don’t like Corbyn. Corbyn is a marxist. Labour can’t sort out AS. Diane Abbott had a decent education but can’t count....

These people have caused untold damage by the tories that goes well beyond brexit by enabling all the other tory shite as well. Austerity we didn’t need for a decade, the destruction of our public services, corruption everywhere you look.

Seems I’m (in)famous. Some of you need to get a grip.

I think it was rbrown who posted that bit in bold the other day. It’s sounds like a good little dig but it’s not entirely true.

It is a given people who voted leave have a responsibility, that doesn’t need to be repeated time after time. I’m talking about how we ever got into the situation of having this yes/no referendum at all because that’s where it all began. Brexit is all to do with the tory party, which means those who put them where they are also have responsibility. If the tories were in opposition none of this would be happening. Only Labour is expected to make policy from opposition, after all.

Read this post from Colin L. Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

What I am saying is very straightforward.
All those who have undermined Labour due to <insert some reason here> and/or voted at GEs in a way that either helped the tories win a seat, or prevented a seat to Labour have responsibility. I am happy to disagree on this with as many members here as you like, I will not budge on that pov. No tory govt=no brexit.

It’s clear the hardcore remainers here have not moved an inch in 4.5 years. People are still counting those who didn’t vote, still on about campaign lies, money from Putin, advisory status... :rolleyes:

Brian, I have never voted Tory in my life. They are self-serving scum and Brexit it is a Tory project supported by dark money. On this we agree and I don’t think anyone on this forum (apart from ET and Colin B) disagrees with the view that Tories caused Brexit.

As I posted, and sadly, Corbyn and his team bear some responsibility for Brexit because of his disappearing act during the lead up to the Brexit vote.

We all recognise that Brexit has happened. However, Some of us recognise that the Brexit referendum was illegitimate for reasons that we all know...over spending by the leave parties, lies, dark influencers on FB and other social media etc..

Taking this view is not being “stuck in a time warp” as you put it.

Brian, I have never voted Tory in my life. They are self-serving scum and Brexit it is a Tory project supported by dark money. On this we agree and I don’t think anyone on this forum (apart from ET and Colin B) disagrees with the view that Tories caused Brexit.

As I posted, and sadly, Corbyn and his team bear some responsibility for Brexit because of his disappearing act during the lead up to the Brexit vote.

We all recognise that Brexit has happened. However, Some of us recognise that the Brexit referendum was illegitimate for reasons that we all know...over spending by the leave parties, lies, dark influencers on FB and other social media etc..

Speaking of being stuck in a time warp...

Beware the Weeping Angels:
26247.jpg

I was just using similar terms to some earlier posts in reply, no offence is intended by that.

Fair enough.

My view is that it is what it is and as a country we need to make a success of leaving. Dwelling on the aspects you mention really doesn’t go anywhere, Colin.

The next election is going to be probably even more important than the last one, it is make or break time.

Brian, my view is also that because the Leave campaign was funded by dark money, involved illegal overspending and used psy-ops/data mining techniques to target and influence key voters, there an argument to be had that there wasn't much about it that was democratic. You may disagree, but that's how I see it. It became a lot more obvious after the result, but just looking at the people involved should really have set alarm bells ringing.

OK cool - what are the positives of leaving again? I kind of forgot because of all the arguing.
I understand. It’s not easy to keep up unless everyone agrees with your pov.

Not sure how I can help with your question. Perhaps try the search function for previous answers? Sorry, lyke.

I understand. It’s not easy to keep up unless everyone agrees with your pov.

Not sure how I can help with your question. Perhaps try the search function for previous answers? Sorry, lyke.
So you are on this thread....why, exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back