advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2023 ‘Epic Fail’ box set edition)

Brexit- Don’t Fear the Reaper

so how can Sirkeer persist with his No No No strategy and hope to win a second term? My guess is he’s not that stupid, he just has to play a waiting game.

That would seem to be his game plan and tbh it is probably the most pragmatic thing to do given the electorate in the UK particularly England.
It is a bit of a remainers fingers crossed Keir wants to do the right thing if the English public trust him and keep him there long enough to reverse the damage.

Last edited:
maybe, but I want my freedom of movement back. I am not sure lots of sectoral deals will help in this regard.
I’m pretty certain the young people shafted by Brexit want exactly that. All our economies are strengthened by the free flow of willing workers, our lives enriched by the ability to travel and remain in parts of this glorious thing called Europe.

Strange why this is happening. Most mysterious. Let's hope it's nothing to do with the Daily Mail...

untitled.jpg

For those of us old enough to remember it feels just like Majors time with sleaze everywhere and a government unable to do anything. Remember hte cones hotline, family values and Major shagging Edwina Curry.

Strange why this is happening. Most mysterious. Let's hope it's nothing to do with the Daily Mail...

Shan't be bothering checking the DM or DE stories and comments, but let me guess....Immigrants? Remoaners in the Civil Service? How about all those communist paramedics, posties and train drivers? Punishment beatings from the EU are sure to feature, as will be claims that it would have been great if only we'd had an even harder brexit, and the tories haven't done brexit properly yet.

untitled.jpg
And to think Truss & Co are still agitating for tax cuts, spending cuts and a regulations bonfire from the back benches. They’ve put Hunt “on notice”. One good kick and the whole rotten structure will collapse.

untitled.jpg

Britain unchained!! Britain bound and gagged more like.

Listening to some of the purveyors of 2016 fiction and fantasy on Today. What else do you expect other than doubling down, or it's not Brexity enough? No wonder Armando Iannucci has stopped satirising UK politics, The Thick Of It wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual.

There will come a point when the accelerated decline becomes obvious to all but the complete fruit loops. Sadly, an awful lot of damage will have been done by then and it won't be retrievable anytime soon.

and the sleaze was small beer compared to now.

Not so sure on the magnitude of the sleaze as Jonathon Aitkens …..erm journey was quite spectacular.

In April 95 after being accused of fidget dealings as Defence Procurement minister he said:

“If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play, so be it. I am ready for the fight. The fight [is] against falsehood and those who peddle it. My fight begins today.”

A few years later he pleaded guilty to perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice having taken the Guardian/World in Action to court for libel and was handed an 18 month prison sentence.

Not so sure on the magnitude of the sleaze as Jonathon Aitkens …..erm journey was quite spectacular.

In April 95 after being accused of fidget dealings as Defence Procurement minister he said:

“If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play, so be it. I am ready for the fight. The fight [is] against falsehood and those who peddle it. My fight begins today.”

A few years later he pleaded guilty to perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice having taken the Guardian/World in Action to court for libel and was handed an 18 month prison sentence.

This fellow sounds like an inspiration for Bojo. I remember him now. I love the born again bit.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...n-paid-for-book-kazakh-autocrat-leak-suggests

UK expected to be only major economy to shrink in 2023 - IMF

The UK economy will shrink and perform worse than other advanced economies, including Russia, as the cost of living continues to hit households, the International Monetary Fund has said.

The IMF said the economy will contract by 0.6% in 2023, rather than grow slightly as previously predicted.

So we are predicted to have a worse economic performance than Russia. Well done Brexiteers!

UK expected to be only major economy to shrink in 2023 - IMF

The UK economy will shrink and perform worse than other advanced economies, including Russia, as the cost of living continues to hit households, the International Monetary Fund has said.

The IMF said the economy will contract by 0.6% in 2023, rather than grow slightly as previously predicted.

So we are predicted to have a worse economic performance than Russia. Well done Brexiteers!
They’ve a lot more damage to inflict before they are removed in two years time.Bloomberg reporting that Brexit is costing Britain £100 billion pa in economic losses. It’s staggering.

Yes, but Aitken was something of an outlier back then. These days, that seems to be the standard operating model.

Funny how this issue is painted as the positive sounding Brexiteers vs the Remoaners I think that we can see how this is meant to sound.
Is there some comeback for those who put us through this, I know it took an arse to ask the question, but what about the bunch of numpties who followed their BS like sheep, have they never heard the expression, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Blaming lockdown on Sky News interview with Jessop is a joke.
It was far more strict in SE Asia and the economies are doing a lot better now, we are down to 250 cases a week- not admissions and massively less long COVID damage

advertisement

Back