advertisement

Biden/Harris

How about free college?

First, much of Europe has that. Are they more exceptional than we ? Second, the proposals have (mostly) been for "free" community college. This would be extremely affordable since community college tuition is low and it's rarely, if ever, residential. I also believe that we are in an age where 18 is too young for public education to end. I'd like to see vocational and academic education extended through to age 21, paid out of taxes, just like K-12.

We could do this simply by repealing the Trump & Bush tax cuts and taxing all investment income the same as earned income. A successful country needs a healthy and educated workforce, and at present the US has neither, so it imports both high skill (H1B) and low skill (H2A, illegal) labor to plugs the domestic shortfall.

First, much of Europe has that. Are they more exceptional than we ? Second, the proposals have (mostly) been for "free" community college. This would be extremely affordable since community college tuition is low and it's rarely, if ever, residential. I also believe that we are in an age where 18 is too young for public education to end. I'd like to see vocational and academic education extended through to age 21, paid out of taxes, just like K-12.

We could do this simply by repealing the Trump & Bush tax cuts and taxing all investment income the same as earned income. A successful country needs a healthy and educated workforce, and at present the US has neither, so it imports both high skill (H1B) and low skill (H2A, illegal) labor to plugs the domestic shortfall.

Look up the UN conventions that you're already signed up to...

He'll probably carry on with the wall! I'm a long way removed from living there now - it was bad enough with Gingrich in the 90s - I just dismissed him as a lunatic when I lived there in the 90s...

Gingrich - the man who laid the foundation for Trump.

advertisement

Back