advertisement

Best Intro Ever

I'm kind of surprised no-one has suggested Lou Reed's Sweet Jane live for a bit of '70's rock geetar indulgence.. Takes me back to the days when I was up all night, jaw clenching, seeming not to need sleep ever again.

I've also always loved this one.

Both need to be played loud, obviously.

Another slightly indulgent one

Speaking of TOTP which bunch of musical degenerates was only allowed to play on it once (despite several hits) because they provided a real threat to the social fabric of the country? Their truly magnificent intro on this song was based on SOS by Abba. If anyone wants to say it is indeed the greatest intro of all time I won't disagree.

Abba's great intro here inspired (OK he ripped it off) Elvis Costello to produce one of his biggest hits. Name that tune.

Maybe a bit of a short intro but the first 3 seconds of this have always done it for me

This isn't too shabby

This one. I can still remember the slow dance at the end of the scouts disco when I got to snog the girl I'd been trying to get close to for weeks. She was yummy..

As for this - not much of an intro at about half a second, but it was the first ever record I owned when I found it thrown over the garden hedge one morning. It saw me through several broken teenage hearts and can have me in tears to this day. Should have been a massive hit.

Great thread, even if I'm heading slightly off topic !

Shpongle, Dorset Perception, total eclipse remix obviously.
Sounds wonderful everso loud until about 2.30, when the drums come in.. About then the original version starts to sound way better..

advertisement

Back