advertisement

Best Intro Ever

MJQ, Night in Tunisia. Probaly my favorite 16 bars (or so) of anything.

My second favorite 16 bars of anything. And then, because they have to show they have "feelings", it turns into a pathetic ballad. One of the greatest musical cock ups in living memory.

I was a big Killing Joke fan in my youth. Not now. But that is a hell of a riff, as Alan Partridge would say.

Oh dear. It influenced my life for a couple of years big time....

Why feel remorse over an album with at least four hard rock classics, Bad Motor Scooter, Rock The Nation, Space Station #5 and Rock Candy, where the drums are Bohnam calibre.

Ronnie Montrose was a gifted musician,having had stints with the Edgar Winter Band and played on a Van Morrison recording too.

I still have a hard spot for the cover of Jump On It…but that’s just me.

I'll go last to wrap up the thread, as I think we all know it has to be this. Reggaejunkiejew.

By ween.

With a rare one string guitar solo too. Capt

Ha. I was thinking more of Van Halen and the Bay Area metal scene. Have you partied with Motley Crue and lived to tell the tale?
Ha, not Mötley Crue, no, but life was enjoyed to the full for a few years.
I went from almost 13 stone to under 6 in 2 years, this was from about a year in..
Surprisingly I still remember quite a bit of it....
Why feel remorse over an album with at least four hard rock classics, Bad Motor Scooter, Rock The Nation, Space Station #5 and Rock Candy, where the drums are Bohnam calibre.
No remorse at all. It was an album that soundtracked many a wild time.

And the winner is...

me. With this: the most stunning guitar intro to any song (& my no.2 favourite Smiths song):

Capt

advertisement

Back