advertisement

Best cheap MM cart?

@Tigerjones,

When I was looking up the actual tonearm cable capacitance value for the Technics SL1200 the other day, I stumbled across an important bit of info regarding a production faux pas that resulted in a number of SL1200 decks having been shipped with tonearm interconnect cables of 325pF capacitance (rather than 125pF) during 2009. This only affects models SL1200MK2, SL1210MK2, Sl1200MK5, SL1210MK5 produced up to September 2009. Serial numbers beginning with GE9 will be 2009 production; the '9' being the year code. The fourth character will be a letter of the alphabet with 'A' as January. According to Panasonic, the problem was rectified starting with September 2009 production (i.e. serial numbers starting with GE9I and later should be fine)

Another indicator that your's has the proper 125pF cable is if the red and white RCA plugs have octagon grips (rather than 4 oval shaped slightly raised grips molded on).

How do people even know this stuff. :/>

For me was the Acutex M312 STR III back when NOS were being sold for €50. Now they go for €200 and still a good bargain.

Well I have ordered a Nagaoka MP-110. Should be here tomorrow or Monday. Interesting to see how it sounds through the JVCs phono stage.

advertisement

Back