advertisement

Ben Stokes going down?

I wonder if Marlon will be there for the verdict
Marlon-Samuels-salute.jpg

I predict a finding of guilt, a suspended sentence and a large bung or compensation as the court will pronounce.

I am hoping for 25 years hard labour, but I suspect Rodrat is correct. And, of course, a rapid assimilation back into the Ingerlund fold. Perhaps even a guest appearance on the TommyRot bandwagon?

He does have the look and manner of a thug and this will not help his case .However he is a brilliant cricketer and England badly need him to play so fingers crossed for a suspended sentence .

Colin, I only mentioned this because Mescalito of these forums once pointed out to me that I live in one of the most depressing and deprived areas of the country. I told him he was talking bollocks.

Millionaire cricketer chooses to live in a dump? I don't think so :)

Anyway, he's a nasty piece of work by all accounts.
I know the North-east very well. I was born & bred there. Trust me, the former Durham coal field villages really are the pits.
Chris

The look of a thug...

Anyway, if he is found guilty any sentence is irrelevant.

He shouldn’t be picked again for a long time, if ever.

The look of a thug...

Anyway, if he is found guilty any sentence is irrelevant.

He shouldn’t be picked again for a long time, if ever.
I agree if guilty - banned for life from all sports. Boxing or bare knuckle fighting shouldn't be an alterative sporting option.

I agree if guilty - banned for life from all sports.

I agree that if found guilty, he should face substantial punishment, and should make a sincere public statement to the effect that he has behaved like a complete idiot.

But some very harsh judgments being expressed here, worthy of Daily Mail readers. If a first offence (who knows - may become clearer if it is or not), isn't normal to allow for the possibility that a person may well learn a salutary lesson from the experience? For less well-known people, would you advocate that a first offence should end their career?

I agree that if found guilty, he should face substantial punishment, and should make a sincere public statement to the effect that he has behaved like a complete idiot.

But some very harsh judgments being expressed here, worthy of Daily Mail readers. If a first offence (who knows - may become clearer if it is or not), isn't normal to allow for the possibility that a person may well learn a salutary lesson from the experience? For less well-known people, would you advocate that a first offence should end their career?

yes.....

and please don't compare me with a D'Mail reader.

I just think the criminal justice system (and wider society) should at least allow for the possibility of redemption - sounds like you don't.

if guilty, it is a vile crime. He is meant to be a role model and representative of his nation, county and club.

IMO if guilty he has no right to be in a position of role model or represent any team in a sport he loves. I also suggest he shouldn't be allowed to be in a position of role model in any sport.

He can be employed, in other spheres with no public attention or adoration, by a company willing to recruit a convicted (if guilty) thug.....perhaps a role as a security guard might suit......ah but no.....not with a crim record (if guilty).

If he is found guilty I would not stop him from playing for his county and earning a living.
But I would never want to see him representing his country again.

advertisement

Back