advertisement

Ben Stokes going down?

Ryan Hale, one of the accused opponents of Stokes has been acquitted after the judge directed the jury.

didn't one chap have a broken eye socket?

Ouch - that's outside the realms of a bit of handbags. Could have been even worse if the guy who got floored hadn't managed to keep his chin tucked in and avoid the back of his head hitting the road.

I know the North-east very well. I was born & bred there. Trust me, the former Durham coal field villages really are the pits.
Chris

You know f all. Why would a millionaire cricketer live in a dump as you describe it? Two premier league footballers as well. And me.

He won't go down. Only charged with affray. GBH, yes, time for that, but affray? No. Suspended sentence at worst.

I sent sayin' noffink Dec, vat case never went to court, did it?

All joking aside, I have second hand knowledge, an acquaintance is a now somewhat aging Grimsby hard man. For a time he bounced the doors of grimsby's premier fighting pub *on his own*. When he eventually got a hiding, from 6 lads, they had to hire 4 men to take over. A few years back he had a falling-out with a local crim and went to town on him. GBH, and grievous it certainly was. The crim was never the same again, to the extent that a copper thanked him for taking him out of circulation. He had a load of previous, got 6 months. That's all. So BS won't go down for a scrap outside a pub. Oh, and apparently Full Sutton prison is "like a f*ing holiday camp, play pool, go to the gym, no booze, lost weight, got fit. Being out on a tag, having to put up with my missus in my ear, was loads worse. " Er, right.

It is not prudent to assess sentencing guidelines at this time. All the evidence has not been heard.

And yes, I do have knowledge of this type of offence, and also the sentencing guidelines and conditions. For one thing, the previous convictions of the suspects will not be admissible until guilt has been proven(except in very specific circumstances). This kind of info will be used in and subsequent sentencing.

A google search, or a read of the CPS website, will confirm this.

Of course he'll never go to gaol. He'll be offered a position in a dozen (11 plus 12th man) of the worst cricket playing convicts. We know two of the others. They will be trained to play a game in Afghanistan where there will be a meeting of the worlds worst terrorist leaders from ISIS, Taliban, Al Qaeda, Jaish-e-Mohammed, Lashkar-e-Omar and the WRVS. They will disable the sentries with subtle attacks disguised as googlies, doosrahs and slower balls.

It is, of course, practically a suicide mission. But should anyone survive they will be returned to their team and reinstated at their previous rank.

Major Flintoff, himself also serving after previous misdemeanours, will be in the van taking Stokes to the pokey to make the offer.

Whatever the verdict is, I'm pretty certain that this isn't the sort of mularkey that Chris Woakes would get involved in (he took Kohli's wicket yesterday and scored a century today for those commentators on this thread who don't actually follow cricket).

Speculating on the sentence that thugger stokes will get is FAR more interesting than the cricket being played

advertisement

Back