advertisement

Audiophile Network Switches for Streaming ... really ?

A scientist, if you want to be personal about it. Done DSP work, audio work, video and audio compression, character recognition, voice processing and I'm not a sheep.

Do you want my CV as you seem to have summarily dismissed anyone, in this thread or otherwise, other than your god, what's-his-name of knowing anything about this subject. Other people know about this stuff, but don't feel the need publish it on the internet.

Oh, and I know how to conduct experiments.

To this date you have not answered anyone of my questions I've asked you in this thread; so I'm winning 1-0 :)

Good for you.

Is that a white flag truce, or pax as we used to say at school?
It was, because at the heart of it neither camps will sit together, however much we all enjoy music. I think it is a different mind set, and I'm sure my wife would agree that I frustrate her with needing to know just about everything I can about something. But she puts up with me and buys me drill presses (just to get me out of the house I suppose!).

Maybe, I should be jealous that you "lot" are more trusting of your ears and minds. Whereas I am much more skeptical of my own perception and the influence of external factors, not saying that I'm weak, but I've read enough research and experimental results to understand that as humans we are manipulatable even when we are convinced that we haven't been. And it is damn hard for us to admit we are not masters of our own minds. Hence my, and the scientific community's (not just scientific, but you know...) desire to measure, catalogue, it removes all that "mind" influence (interestingly the design of experiments is a whole different subject).

It's the way we are...and it is the way you are.

But...go on, give us a graph? :)

And likewise :) Hence my offer to agree to differ :)
I know stuff you don't know :)
You don't have a graph showing no switch ever makes a difference amnd I don't have one showing that they always do. But I've heard the difference and you haven't heard the non-difference...
Enlightenment is only a cup of tea away. Cheers!
Ok, life is short.
Let's agree to differ.

It was, because at the heart of it neither camps will sit together, however much we all enjoy music. I think it is a different mind set, and I'm sure my wife would agree that I frustrate her with needing to know just about everything I can about something. But she puts up with me and buys me drill presses (just to get me out of the house I suppose!).

Maybe, I should be jealous that you "lot" are more trusting of your ears and minds. Whereas I am much more skeptical of my own perception and the influence of external factors, not saying that I'm weak, but I've read enough research and experimental results to understand that as humans we are manipulatable even when we are convinced that we haven't been. And it is damn hard for us to admit we are not masters of our own minds. Hence my, and the scientific community's (not just scientific, but you know...) desire to measure, catalogue, it removes all that "mind" influence (interestingly the design of experiments is a whole different subject).

It's the way we are...and it is the why you are.

But...go on, just us a graph? :)

Cool, much better to shake and move on. You know I was never going to do any recordings for you anyway, just as a matter of principle.

Just on a by the way basis I have sold quite a few sets of my digital cables to people doing research in various University Dept of Physics both in Uk and abroad and not a single one has ever asked for a graph or measurements. They have all just used the old fashioned ears method of evaluation before writing me nice emails. It’s a funny old world isn’t it?

Anyway I’m glad we have an ‘agree to disagree’ heads of terms. Nighty night. It’s my bedtime now and nurse says I have to be a good boy otherwise I can’t have my fresh croissant for breakfast.

Experts? Well apart from the several guys who are network engineers, write comms drivers for a living or are signed up audio/electrical engineers no, no experts.

Well, the question is what has digital audio got todo with networking technology and why do you need to rely on an expert in audio to advise on networking technology. Are you winning the contest yet.

Well, the question is what has digital audio got todo with networking technology and why do you need to rely on an expert in audio to advise on networking technology. Are you winning the contest yet.

Follow the copper...

7dbde6ca4b7d29916fe68af9127ee1ba.gif

A scientist, if you want to be personal about it. Done DSP work, audio work, video and audio compression, character recognition, voice processing and I'm not a sheep.

Do you want my CV as you seem to have summarily dismissed anyone, in this thread or otherwise, other than your god, what's-his-name of knowing anything about this subject. Other people know about this stuff, but don't feel the need publish it on the internet.

Oh, and I know how to conduct experiments.

To this date you have not answered anyone of my questions I've asked you in this thread; so I'm winning 1-0 :)

I’m genuinely surprised that a scientist would be asking laypeople to conduct repeatable and verifiable measurements on audio equipment at home but what is worse is showing dismay at the lack of enthusiasm for doing so.
It’s a well trodden path, demand verifiable and repeatable evidence from those not in any position to do so=discussion shutdown.
If anyone was silly enough to bite and tried to provide evidence you’d simply claim flawed or fixed except if the result was in your favour in which case it would be accepted as just-so, no further evidence required=discussion shutdown.

After reading your CV it occurs to me you really are a sheep, you seem happy to leave your training and experience at work, lower your standards of proof by asking the untrained to do verifiable and repeatable experiments with your background in science is appalling imo and doesn’t do your profession any credit whatsoever.

I’m sick to death of this continuous childish behaviour and no, I don’t have to read it but it’s just like watching a belligerent child disrupt a class when there’s a exchange of ideas going on and it’s not quite going in the direction the child wants so the many lose out to the few who are determined to change the narrative.

Posting your CV with your postings in this thread was a mistake imo. It’s not a very good look.

Goodbye.

I’m genuinely surprised that a scientist would be asking laypeople to conduct repeatable and verifiable measurements on audio equipment at home but what is worse is showing dismay at the lack of enthusiasm for doing so.
It’s a well trodden path, demand verifiable and repeatable evidence from those not in any position to do so=discussion shutdown.
If anyone was silly enough to bite and tried to provide evidence you’d simply claim flawed or fixed except if the result was in your favour in which case it would be accepted as just-so, no further evidence required=discussion shutdown.

After reading your CV it occurs to me you really are a sheep, you seem happy to leave your training and experience at work, lower your standards of proof by asking the untrained to do verifiable and repeatable experiments with your background in science is appalling imo and doesn’t do your profession any credit whatsoever.

I’m sick to death of this continuous childish behaviour and no, I don’t have to read it but it’s just like watching a belligerent child disrupt a class when there’s a exchange of ideas going on and it’s not quite going in the direction the child wants so the many lose out to the few who are determined to change the narrative.

Posting your CV with your postings in this thread was a mistake imo. It’s not a very good look.

Goodbye.

1280px-Barack_Obama_Mic_Drop_2016.jpg

advertisement

Back