advertisement

Audiophile Network Switches for Streaming ... really ?

Professionally I have encountered this fallacy quite often. As a practitioner, it has been sometimes very difficult to make good progress when being obstructed (often by by-standing non-practitioners) for not doing the job they insisted that I should be doing. Technology policy development and standards committee work have been some of the worst examples.

However, as a hobby, someone chasing their own idea of a perfection that may not exist seems perfectly OK to me even if it's not my way.

In audio, I long ago forgot any ideas about that way in favour of improving things that to me were not good enough, until they were. What I have now is good enough to not (for now) need any more improvement. But some still seem to insist that seeking their idea of perfection is what I must practice. Being berated for not trying out something others think is important, but I don't, is familiar and part of the normal human condition, I think.
Another good post, John. I’m not sure many are berating you. Those being berated are not all who refuse to hear for themselves; it’s those who simultaneously refuse to hear for themselves and tell everyone who has heard a difference that they’re imagining things.

Another good post, John. I’m not sure many are berating you. Those being berated are not all who refuse to hear for themselves; it’s those who simultaneously refuse to hear for themselves and tell everyone who has heard a difference that they’re imagining things.
Record it and then we can all hear it without travelling...saving the planet and all that...

Thanks for reporting your findings earlier but no thanks for using expressions like “your little gang?” which contribute nothing to the debate about switches, but perhaps that isn’t what interests you about this thread? ;)

This thread died and descended to internet oblivion a long time time back ...

... if folk see fit to send me responses, I will reply in the spirit they clearly intended.

... if folk see fit to send me responses, I will reply in the spirit they clearly intended.

It's interesting to see you playing the whole 'I am innocent' card (again) as much of your own commentary used to mock and be facetious was an intention to kill a thread in a pack-like mentality, and yet, as it's still here, that hasn't happened, so you essentially failed, and still, keep coming back to the thread that apparent 'descended into internet oblivion a long time back'.

One has to ask, if your motivation is not to discuss, then what is it? As I can't imagine you want to use your limited life hours to reply to others than you have clearly already put into the past of internet oblivion? If they are of no relevance to you, what motivates you?

My comments earlier in the post was my experiences with a switch, yet you definitely didn't respond amicably, so the spirit that was intended, changed by your own hands.

It's interesting to see you playing the whole 'I am innocent' card (again) as much of your own commentary used to mock and be facetious was an intention to kill a thread in a pack-like mentality, and yet, as it's still here, that hasn't happened, so you essentially failed, and still, keep coming back to the thread that apparent 'descended into internet oblivion a long time back'.

One has to ask, if your motivation is not to discuss, then what is it? As I can't imagine you want to use your limited life hours to reply to others than you have clearly already put into the past of internet oblivion? If they are of no relevance to you, what motivates you?

My comments earlier in the post was my experiences with a switch, yet you definitely did respond amicably, so the spirit that was intended, changed by your own hands.

yawn .....

I saw in another forum that decreasing the output level of a DAC would also lower the treble of said DAC and that a lower input to a preamp would force the preamp to compensate and thereby change its signature...whatever that is.
Similar claims are the theme of this thread in case some of you forgot. A DAC and preamp acting as a VCF.

If you are intent on making claims about previous posts/exchanges, then at least add the relevant post numbers for context.
... the thread is 61 pages long (and rising)

It'll keep you awake finding them, as you were yawning earlier and I see this post is massively delayed from the post you are referring to, and quoting a post off the topic you are talking about.

You're welcome.

Predictable ....

If that was the case, then you wouldn't have bothered or you would have pre-empted a better response. All in all, your responses have been watered down so much that they now only serve as support for my earlier hypothesis.

You're welcome.

To quote MP, “I think she’s dead”. “No I’m not”.

Whatever goes on in the intervening weeks, in January I will be borrowing a Dela S100 switch modified by AfterDark and will be comparing it to my PhoenixNET both with and without the ADOT fibre link. Of course I had a brief listen when my friend came over with it and his Antipodes Oladra but this time it will be a bit more leisurely as I should have the switch for a couple of weeks. I will of course report back to this thread.

To quote MP, “I think she’s dead”. “No I’m not”.

Whatever goes on in the intervening weeks, in January I will be borrowing a Dela S100 switch modified by AfterDark and will be comparing it to my PhoenixNET both with and without the ADOT fibre link. Of course I had a brief listen when my friend came over with it and his Antipodes Oladra but this time it will be a bit more leisurely as I should have the switch for a couple of weeks. I will of course report back to this thread.

Please do!

I have an LPS powering my NAS from After Dark that's been running for about five years now, good quality stuff.

advertisement

Back