advertisement

Audiolab M-dac issue

If I remember correctly, you need to change the jitter rejection setting for each input.
So in case you use two sources/inputs to the M-DAC with toslink, you need to go through the setting twice.

Yes correct, the Jitter selection is only valid for the current selected input, so you will need to repeat the menu setup for each concerned input.

Dear John and Obi1, thanks ever so much!

I changed the cable and this fixed it.

I also checked that I had the wide jitter settings enabled on both inputs, but I did.

All best,

Niels Christian

Dear Forum, dear John and Obi1,
I now have a problem with my M-Dac! Only one of the two output channels is working. When listening to the headphone both channels work, both channels kick out in the display, but one (only) of the two XLR-outlets is gone.
What could this be and how can it be fixed?
Thanks for your help,
Yours,
Niels Christian Hvidt

Try inserting the headphone jack plug in and out several times.

The relay can stick, or fail..

Thanks misterdog,

I tried this, but to no avail. Have also tried to change the xlr-plug for a phono plug - same effect.

Any other thoughts? Repair shop or something I can fix myself, like changing a fuse?

Hi MisterDog,
I tried that, to no avail.
Also tried connecting the amplifier through the phone-plug - no difference.
Is it anything I can fix myself, like changing a fuse? Or does it have to go to the repair shop?
Best,
Niels Christian Hvidt

Does swopping the XLR plugs over cause the problem channel to switch ?
- Faulty cable plug.

Check the balance setting on the MDAC - It has been known ;)

No, unfortunately - as I wrote I checked that, and the error is present also with phono cables as well.

Any other suggestions?

Can I fix it or does it have to go to repair?

Thanks,

Niels Christian

Sounds like the relay is futzed then I'm afraid.

Someone posted that IAG have a service charge of £ 48 plus parts.

Any other comments that might help here?

Who is IAG? I live in Denmark.

Best,

Niels Christian Hvidt

The people who now own Audiolab. I know we dont like things to go wrong but if nothing else is wrong with it could you live with the issue? On the other hand if you intent to keep it for a long time ( as I do ) then get it fixed some time while the parts are available

Very embarrassing: I never knew how to access the balance settings and never went in there (holding the volume bottom) - I found it in the manual, and lo and behold - the balance was thwarted. I set it to zero, and the M-Dac now plays fine. Thanks for the hint! Have NO idea how the settings were thwarted!
Best, Niels Christian

Audiolab / IAG charge £48 fixed labour cost + parts + return postage.

You can contact thier technical service on +44 845 4581122

Apparently turnaound time is about a month + postage time.

Very embarrassing: I never knew how to access the balance settings and never went in there (holding the volume bottom) - I found it in the manual, and lo and behold - the balance was thwarted. I set it to zero, and the M-Dac now plays fine. Thanks for the hint! Have NO idea how the settings were thwarted!
Best, Niels Christian

Is it not on your remote L - R ?

Hello

I have a simply question , my m dac ( classic ) got two outputs xlr and rca , currently rca is busy by my amplifier i'm planning get another amp for my headphones and plug into xlr outputs . The question is can i drive my headphones amp (xlr sockets ) while rca cables are plugged and my second amplifier is turned off ? It does affect sound quality or signal circuit ?

advertisement

Back