advertisement

Audiolab M-dac issue

Great Stephen! How do you change the jitter rejection from auto to wide bandwidth on the optical input?

not ignoring you, don't have full logon details at my work

both my Virgin Media box and Samsung telly had this issue, not got round to updating the V+ input yet and probably wont due to the audio lag.

The update vA.10 and setting the jitter rejection to wide bandwidth did the job so there are no more drop outs.

Thank you Stephen and John.

The update vA.10 and setting the jitter rejection to wide bandwidth did the job so there are no more drop outs.

Thank you Stephen and John.

Sorry, I cant accept the thanks for the work John actually put in to allow this feature :)

A08 and A10 are the latest versions - both have the Jitter rejection options.

Jitter rejection selection is only valid for SPDIF inputs (not USB).

(Flushing buffers) indicates issues with the USB host device - (or use of USB3 ports on some machines - try changing / setting to USB2).

New dedicated PCI USB 2.0 card worked :)
No more buffer flashes - all works fine ... With Windows 8.1

Thanks a lot for your help!

Dear All,

I am sorry to bug you but I am not able to find an answer to this problem.

I have updated my M-Dac to the latest firmware.

Still, I experience dropouts from my newly purchased Samsung UE55KS9005 TV as well as my Apple TV 3rd generation connected over Toslink. The firmware seems to have made dropouts from the TV worse.

Please, I would so much appreciate and be thankful if could you help me out. I believe there is something that you have to change settings for the Toslink inputs but am not able to find this information.

Thanks. You have made such a great DAC!

Best,

Niels Christian Hvidt

Dear John,

I am sorry to bug you but I am not able to find an answer to this problem.

I have updated my M-Dac to the latest firmware.

Still, I experience dropouts from my newly purchased Samsung UE55KS9005 TV as well as my Apple TV 3rd generation connected over Toslink. The firmware seems to have made dropouts from the TV worse.

Please, I would so much appreciate and be thankful if could you help me out. I believe there is something that you have to change settings for the Toslink inputs but am not able to find this information.

Thanks. You have made such a great DAC!

Best,

Niels Christian Hvidt

Thanks a lot!

This did it. I was contemplating selling the M-Dac. Now I can keep it, so this is a major relief.

I have an M-Dac Classic, so the settings were not low-high, but rather wide-narrow. The "wide"-setting did the trip.

Best,

Niels Christian

Well, I was too optimistic. It improved the problems, but the dropouts still occur. Any help are much appreciated.

I tried to write to John W, but his mailbox is full.

Thanks,

Niels

Either you have a lot of jitter from your sources or something is broken.
Can you try another toslink "cable"? Or maybe rearrange so it is not bent (have it as straight as possible)
Can you try coaxial instead of toslink?

Well, I was too optimistic. It improved the problems, but the dropouts still occur. Any help are much appreciated.

I tried to write to John W, but his mailbox is full.

Thanks,

Niels

Niels,

As you might expect the problem is due to MASSIVE jitter from the TV (if it still fails under the Wide or High setting) - as Obi1 suggest you could try a shorter optical cable.

Thanks John and and Obi1 for these valuable suggestions.

I will try this. I have a very expensive and stiff ViaBlue Cable I can use in stead.

The dropouts from the AppleTV have seized with the Wide Settings.

Will get back and let you know the results.

Best,

Niels Christian

If I remember correctly, you need to change the jitter rejection setting for each input.
So in case you use two sources/inputs to the M-DAC with toslink, you need to go through the setting twice.

advertisement

Back