advertisement

AT33PTG.

yeah, audio cubes in japan. and joynetcafe also Japan were also selling- I bought from both and they are reputable. Bought 3 of the bloody things now- 2ptg's and an R. Looks like supply might be a bit dry as joynetcafe didnt stock last time I looked.

that is a very natty looking deck BTW.

Alan,

I can second joynetcafe and audio cubes, I have used them both and delivery was fast and perfect - I bought a PTG and a ANV version. Still not sure which I prefer - I like the ANV slightly better but being an elliptical stylus I get occasional mistracking on inner grooves, where as the PTG handles everything.

Martin is the ANV a bit lower in resolution compared with the PTG? Interested in your opinion as Ive never heard the former.

Thanks for the links ;) audio cubes has the prestige model in, cant order right now as I cant get a secure connection but I will order tomorrow

Many thanks
Alan

Just thinking 0.5mv output is low, what phono stage are you guys using?, I have a cambrige 640p MC/MM up to the job?

Well I tried to order this cart several times over the last few days and each time the paypal transaction did not complete?
I have just logged in again and the Item does not even show in stock now?
Any one know of another source?:confused:

Alan

Just got an e-mail from them they have been discontinued:(
Same result at 2 other places
I want one more now:D
Alan

I had an AT33PTG in my P9/RB1000/Diablo. Loved the cartridge but tried an alternative when it started to lose its edge due to high hours.

A Denon DL304 is a similar price and, for me, is the better all rounder. Both great catridges for the money but the Denon is the more neutral and balanced though its strengths are no where near as immediate.

I like it so much I bought another for my second table!

Best price I could find and superb service is £293 from HiFix.co.uk.

Cheers

Just got an e-mail from them they have been discontinued:(
Same result at 2 other places
I want one more now:D
Alan

I was getting that thought when joynet cafe de-listed it. I have one still in the box but you cant have it :rolleyes:- its my spare for when the 33R goes tits up on me.

Oldius
THanks for that I have heard some one else say that before so I will have a look into it :)

Alan

I got mine from this chap on ebay Ace_of_bicycle2004 but for some reason can not see his items or shop on ebay,yet he has recieved feedback today for items sold.

I bought my two* from Ace_of_bicycle. The first got trashed by my son, however. Great cartridges.

A Denon DL304 is a similar price and, for me, is the better all rounder. Both great catridges for the money but the Denon is the more neutral and balanced though its strengths are no where near as immediate.

What is the Denon like end of side compared to the PTG? The 33PTG tracks beautifully IMO, and now I'm used to that I'd be reluctant to take a step down. The 304 will certainly be on my list though.

Tony.

Hi, how does the Denon match with an Ekos? Also looking for a 33ptg Prestige if anyone knows where to get one.

The Denon tracks between 1g and 1.2g, a much lower weight than the AT at about 1.6- 1.8g. My experience is that it is more susceptible to poorer condition vinyl than the AT. That said, it tracks beautifully. I think it is a recognised strength of Denon Cartridges.

The Denon has been around for decades and I am sure you will be able to get all the arm compatibility answers you need from the forum.

I am surprised at how good it is and how little attention it gets. It's certainly not a "flavour of the month" but for me, a definite keeper.

For clarity, IMO the Denon is a step up not down. The only advantage the AT has is it's ability to handle poorer condition vinyl with ease.

They are both superb value for money but my preference is undoubtedly the Denon.

advertisement

Back