advertisement

Artists that were great, now awful

richardg

Admonishtrator
Just been going through Spear Of Destiny's post-millenial output. Holy Moly, not good. Not good at all. And it is not even like it sounds that different to the 80s stuff. I went to see him maybe 10 times in the 80s when it was powerful, quirky, exciting, outsider rock. Now it's like MOR porridge. Plodder rock with no tunes at all.

I have The Wheel on single somewhere? I just had a look on wiki at their output, more than I thought.

Chris Rea

I saw some footage of him recently and his health was not good, guitar still sounded tasty though, but that deep sonorous voice has diminished.

I would vote Rod Stewart, although I've never been a fan, the stuff I've heard in the past few years has been worse.

Re DP, there have been many low points for sure but I thought their Now What?! outing was pretty decent but the following Infinite was total dross.

Jean Michel Jarre
Mike Oldfield
Possibly the kings of repeating themselves?

I much prefer the recent Chris Really stuff to his early pop star stuff. The Voice has understandably diminished, the guitarist has not.

Depends what you mean by his early pop star stuff.
For me he was at his best in his Deltics, Tennis, eponymous era circa 1979 - 1984

Roger Daltrey. Have you heard his new single? He sounds like an angry man with constipation shouting the racing results.

One word...McCartney. :eek:
This negativity towards the greatest songwriter of the 20th century is depressing. The only thing I hold against him is accepting the knighthood. Another example of not knowing what you've got 'till it's gone.

Reactions: MVJ
My nomination is U2

This is worthy of any X Factor runner up..

And just watching the way they image themselves in the video makes me wish that they had retired a very long time ago.
They sound like Coldplay and as Coldplay tried to sound like U2 it shows how far U2 have sunk. To sound like you sound like a band trying to copy you ... thats poor.

advertisement

Back