advertisement

Artists that were great, now awful

Kate Bush should have realised a while ago it was time to give up.
It seems to me that many of her fans hold that late ‘70s / early ‘80s image in their minds.
She has got old and her voice isn’t what it was...

Kate Bush - should’ve stayed in the 70s and 80s.

Better still in the 60's, never had a record contract then.
God awful, whinny voice, and to bring the son on as a dancing goof is beyond me. If you must have ballet in there at least follow Mark E footsteps.

Bloss

Who said Rolling Stones oh dear. Saw them at Cardiff Mick's voice unchanged skipping about like a spring lamb. They were brilliant.

Mick Jagger (like many other singers) has a substitute vocalist behind the stage, a black singer by the way, for emergency. But when I listen to his vocal exhaustion on Love You Live (and that was in 1977) I wonder how much he sings himself during concerts nowadays.

Who said Rolling Stones oh dear. Saw them at Cardiff Mick's voice unchanged skipping about like a spring lamb. They were brilliant.

Is the thread about performance or new recordings ? I agree The Stones can still put on a show but their recordings (A Bigger Bang aside) haven't done anything for me these past 30 odd years.

Bob Dylan. Please!! His "Never Ending" tour really needs to come to a permanent end. He no longer has the voice, nor the attitude (if he ever had one!) to keep going.

Those who remember "The Slimelight" might well remember the quiz you had to take to get in if they weren't sure it was really where you should be. The answer to one of those questions is the answer to "terrible to great" , "The Ministry"

advertisement

Back