advertisement

Arkless 640P "Dr T Mode"/current input version interest check

I've had this for a couple of days now and Jez can be proud of what he achieved with it. I've only played a couple of LPs, Sunshine on Leith for the acoustic instruments and the voices, and Complete Madness, which is a fuller mix but with some very distinctive solo lines on all of the instruments (including the bass.) I've only tried it with a 17D3, which is a fast lively cartridge in my book, on my WT Amadeus GTA. There's no doubting that this can keep up, the bass is tight and tuneful for sure. It is detailed across the frequency range. It is very similar sounding to the Dynavector in 'Dr T', perhaps that's no surprise - it's musical and highly enjoyable. I'd like to have tried it with an XX2, which has a bassier presentation but that'll have to wait. It will be moving on in the day or two unfortunately and I don't think I'll get any more time, more's the pity. Thanks very much for the opportunity Jez :)

It is important that anyone considering one of these for the future and wanting a home demo first takes up the opportunity now and not "at the time". If no one else wishes to hear it at the moment it will be coming back to base and will no longer be available for home demo. You will still be able to purchase one, just no home demo.
In around six months time it will then be offered for home demos once again provided there are several people interested.

On the subject of ordering, any ETA for those of us wanting to order? :)

Not as such I'm afraid... I have one remaining to complete out of the pile of them that initially came in (and rather took me by surprise as to the demand!) and another pile of them which people managed to "sneak in" :) , as they wanted to get the person they bought it from to mail it directly to me, or were sending an amp in for repair and wanted to include it in the delivery. These will be part of "the second batch" which will include yours. However, I do have some other work I need to complete before starting on any more Arkless GTI's, including a two box high end valve hybrid full function pre amp which MUST be done before I'll be starting on any more of these (after the one remaining from the first batch of course which will be done in the coming week).
A "guesstimate" would be late Nov...

I stress again that anyone interested in these and who wants to try it at home will need to do so now.

I had an enquiry about making a GTI with two MC inputs, switchable, for either two TT's or one with two arms on it and yes this can be done. It needs two independent sets of input electronics as switching an MC cart would be a very bad idea! One input can be made more or less sensitive than the other if required and switch can be on the back or a toggle switch on the front panel. £500.

Hi Sam, I have it atm, and have been busy working so little chance to listen as yet - I’ll do so in the next 48 hours, update the thread with my findings and then get it on the way to you.

advertisement

Back