advertisement

Apple watch

It's an ugly POS. Why wear an ugly POS, when you could wear a work of art like this?

DSC_03672.jpg

Maybe there's a bit of a price difference between them Bub?

Haters gotta hate!

Just don't buy one, it's easy. Where was the anger with the previous attempts at this concept? Nope, they weren't Apple products, so haters didn't hate.

Funny. Every single time.

The whole iThing is hated because it is so obvious and predictable and robs the consumer (and the more stupid and conformist the better) of any freedom of choice. No space for an individual to decide what they actually want or need. The path towards iConsumer Nirvanah is all laid out for you/them, no deviation is possible. Absurdly, there is also an aura of snobbery about it, you are either "IN" or beyond the pale. I've been asked so many times "When are you going to get an iPhone?" or even worse, "When you finally decide to get an iPhone, you will bla, blah..." that I could scream!

I have a Seiko[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] watch that -- are you ready for this? -- runs from energy stored in a mainspring wound by -- even more incredible -- the movement of my arm!

ohqw02.jpg

Joe

Arye

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, bugger, I'll probably have to have one. I'm sad that way. Problem is, a watch like this only makes sense if you actually wear it, and I already have a couple of watches I like and don't plan not to wear. Not totally sold on the styling, but it could be a lot worse, and I like the fact that they've thought about the materials. Still not sure why they couldn't have made it self-charging using some kind of hybrid automatic mechanism such as are in most quality watches, though I daresay they looked into it...

There's a whole generation who've never bought a watch, they use their phones instead. Smart watches are aimed at them. They'll buy into it, not us.

It's that simple.

There's a whole generation who've never bought a watch, they use their phones instead. Smart watches are aimed at them. They'll buy into it, not us.

It's that simple.

I'm hearing the sound of a hammer on a nail there Rack Kit

My daughters use their phone to check the time. One of them also has a plastic Swatch for when the battery runs out on the phone. I wonder what the battery life is like on the Apple Watch - for a teenager you need at least a week I reckon

I don't think Apple used the PFM demographic when they did their market research.

It'll sell & be a success no matter what anyone on here thinks about it.

Yet I didn't say which is which. Are you a share holder?

Chaps

If you want an Apple watch, just buy one, it is no big deal.

I recently bought a new Rolex and from a pride of ownership thing, it was the best thing I have ever done. It looks good and keeps time meticulously and is a brilliant mechanical piece of art. Just wearing it makes me feel good.

I was so impressed, I have just recently bought a second one for deep sea diving in Spain, even though it will probably go no deeper than 2 meters.

I now intend to buy a third one for multi time zones as I travel by air a lot.

These three watches will ultimately be passed on to my 3 sons as heirlooms and that is a lot better than some electronic gizmo which has no soul.

Regards

Mick

advertisement

Back