advertisement

Apple watch

The whole Smartwatch thing to me has the deja vu feeling for when as a kid I saw those awful miniature TVs in the 1970's.

Nice idea in theory but the tech needs another 10-15 years to make it really viable.

Not to mention its a lot to pay for 12 months use.

It is a case and strap design that suspiciously appears to be a direct lift from the Ikepod Manatee watch, designed by new Apple employee-of-the-month, Marc Newson.

He also designed some clocks for JLC. So I guess Blzebub can buy an Apple watch and wear it with pride, after all.

There's a fine line between a smart watch and a stupid watch.

Probably. I'm of the casio generation, and I find rolling my wrist to be more convenient than pulling a phone out of my pocket and turning the display on.

I suppose my mistake is to let the phone ever leave my hands.

JLC residuals hold good. Therefore, it will lose less of its value than will do an iwatch, in absolute and proportional terms. Maybe it appears silly to you if your are talking about utility or emotional value, both intangibles. When it comes to £££s, it's even sillier to suggest otherwise.

The comparison was silly. I don't have any problems with JLC - I'd love to own one but they are well out of my reach.

The point remains that a JLC holds virtually zero appeal to a likely buyer of a smart watch.

By the way, I'm not interested in the watch either but that doesn't stop me seeing the appeal to those that do.

I must be weird in being able to see things from other peoples perspectives...

:rolleyes:

Stephen

DickTracySmartwatch.jpg

It's called empathy Rack Kit. I lost a lot of mine when I had the bash on the head in the accident, it has caused me some difficulties in life and made a me a less pleasant person than I remember.

Judging my how little empathy is on display from a few posters here, I can only suggest that they may have had even more severe blows to the head than I did. If this suggestion is the case then I have to conclude that some of them have taken a proper beating.

I'm particularly interested in the self monitoring features for health, activity and training.

Apparently it's not waterproof but water resistant. So the two things I'm keen to establish;
- can it take sweat
- am I likely to damage it easily (eg. scrape it on a gnurled bar, etc.)

If I have to take it off when I train it's not going to be of much use in that regard.

So Apple's got the Smart Watch and Google has smart spectacles, who's going to bring us the smart belt and smart shoes?

I'm particularly interested in the self monitoring features for health, activity and training.

Apparently it's not waterproof but water resistant. So the two things I'm keen to establish;
- can it take sweat
- am I likely to damage it easily (eg. scrape it on a gnurled bar, etc.)

If I have to take it off when I train it's not going to be of much use in that regard.

Mmm. Already sweating through an average of three pairs of headphones, two heart rate monitors and the occasional cheaper wearable tech interface per year. Probably worth waiting for other people to test the durability out.

The current wearable tech does seem to have bigs gaps in functionality that this might help with.

The Seiko diver (like Joe's) that I wear when rowing gets wound during the workout. Some kind of charge top up mechanism during exercise might be a good plan for the Apple Watch 2.

advertisement

Back