advertisement

Anyone own a Fiesta ST-3?

Why would anyone, in today's driving environment, want another "mad hot hatch" and then want it more mad?

I hope I never meet someone like that on a public road.

Sporty cars can fun to drive, even when you're driving at sensible speeds. I found that out when I had a brief period with a little turbo charged Corsa.

Sporty cars can fun to drive, even when you're driving at sensible speeds. I found that out when I had a brief period with a little turbo charged Corsa.

Exactly!
All my cars have been modified to actually give the sense of speed at lower speeds...by increasing in cabin noise & vibration levels.

It's the modern trend in 500hp SUV's you need to be careful of on the road. When it goes wrong with one of them, it goes very wrong. Then there's the 2 tonne EV rockets driven by people that have never been near a 'performance' car before but that's another story. I get them baiting me and you can just tell by what they are at that they've never been near a track or car with those 0-60 times before

Then there's the 2 tonne EV rockets driven by people that have never been bear a 'performance' car before but that's another story

Very true, I have driven many fast cars and the first time driving a Tesla truly shocked me at how fast it reacts and gains speed. Took mine on a road trip to Scotland last week, it is an amazing B car car despite its weight but it did make me think of the Kinetic energy store at speed.

Very true, I have driven many fast cars and the first time driving a Tesla truly shocked me at how fast it reacts and gains speed. Took mine on a road trip to Scotland last week, it is an amazing B car car despite its weight but it did make me think of the Kinetic energy store at speed.

Velocity squared

From what I make out EV brake systems are mainly used for harder braking anmd it;s possible for a softer driver to use mostly regen braking. So brake system could be 'cold' for much more of the driving time than ICE cars...on UK winter roads gathering all sorts of saline solution etc... and then coming into the garage/driveway damp with no heat from recent brake applications.

Wonder how they are going to perform if the owner suddenly needs full emergency braking and will they perform as the designers intended. In the case of an Audi e-tron, they'll be trying to stop 2.5 tonnes. Hope the owners at 3+ years keep up the maintenance bills as those cars appear to have Audi R8 sized brakes (not cheap). EV's almost need a 'brake clean' mode that temporarily disables regen so the normal brakes get exercised every now and then? But hey I assume the manufacturers will have a field day replacing components due to dangerous rust and not wear.

Last edited:
I must get a go in one of these...I may well hate it but at least I could stop looking at them then. They're 100kg lighter than the RS265 that I had been concentrating on and also have hydraulic PS...
https://www.donedeal.ie/modifiedcars-for-sale/renault-megane-r26-f30-f1-team-lux-95k/31870662

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMH19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18yMjY3OTgyMzIifQ==

Velocity squared

From what I make out EV brake systems are mainly used for harder braking anmd it;s possible for a softer driver to use mostly regen braking. So brake system could be 'cold' for much more of the driving time than ICE cars...on UK winter roads gathering all sorts of saline solution etc... and then coming into the garage/driveway damp with no heat from recent brake applications.

Wonder how they are going to perform if the owner suddenly needs full emergency braking and will they perform as the designers intended. In the case of an Audi e-tron, they'll be trying to stop 2.5 tonnes. Hope the owners at 3+ years keep up the maintenance bills as those cars appear to have Audi R8 sized brakes (not cheap). EV's almost need a 'brake clean' mode that temporarily disables regen so the normal brakes get exercised every now and then? But hey I assume the manufacturers will have a field day replacing components due to dangerous rust and not wear.

I have not noticed any weakness on first use of the brakes and I do like using one pedal driving a lot of the time. The tesla does have extremely good mechanical brakes. I believe Carwow tested against a Porsche 911 (usually one of the best cars out there for braking) and they were neck and neck on the brake test

I have not noticed any weakness on first use of the brakes and I do like using one pedal driving a lot of the time. The tesla does have extremely good mechanical brakes. I believe Carwow tested against a Porsche 911 (usually one of the best cars out there for braking) and they were neck and neck on the brake test

the brakes on my 911 never suffer from being cold.

I hired a car with loads of brake regen and cold didn't matter.

Don't forget these vehicles have all passed safety standards.

Anybody can buy pretty much any car so the standards have to be idiot proof.

Is there an enthusiast movement for electric cars? When my old car started dying rapidly I was sort of tempted as the power delivery seems to be ‘extreme diesel’ which is just up my street( loads of grunt at reasonable speeds).

Is there an enthusiast movement for electric cars? When my old car started dying rapidly I was sort of tempted as the power delivery seems to be ‘extreme diesel’ which is just up my street( loads of grunt at reasonable speeds).

Oh yes there are very enthusiastic EV drivers out there, take your pick but a Tesla forum will get you started. A bit too enthusiastic I fond, a bit off putting as they can get a bit evangelical.

Oh yes there are very enthusiastic EV drivers out there, take your pick but a Tesla forum will get you started. A bit too enthusiastic I fond, a bit off putting as they can get a bit evangelical.

Any forum dedicated to a single brand will be like that..!

the brakes on my 911 never suffer from being cold.

I hired a car with loads of brake regen and cold didn't matter.

Try some track pads, they like a bit of heat in them but won't fade like a road pad.

advertisement

Back