advertisement

Anyone own a Fiesta ST-3?

andyoz

pfm Member
Looking for a mad hot hatch to pair with the other brute.

I'm yet to read anything bad about the Fiesta ST-3.

Must get a drive in one...preferably a Mountune one and maybe with a tricky diff too :)

A work colleague has one in red, he loves it & it drives like a go kart in terms of steering - little weight and fast - recommended

Looking for a mad hot hatch to pair with the other brute.

I'm yet to read anything bad about the Fiesta ST-3.

Must get a drive in one...preferably a Mountune one and maybe with a tricky diff too :)

Yes, I’ve just bought a new ST3 in Mean Green.

c41aa8fdf6947a0681b09217fc0b50f98fbcbaf0.jpeg

Every time I drive it, it puts a stupid grin on my face. It handles like a dream, goes like stink, seems well built and is pretty well equipped. It’s just bloody good fun.

My wife had 3, culminating in the Fiesta ST Performance, Limited Edition Orange only. I doubt there’s anything other than the new Yaris GR that could rival it on a B Road. I found it uncomfortable after about 30 minutes but I am broad. The engine is great, it pulls like terrier at 70mph in 6th gear and you can hit three figures very quickly without breaking a sweat but it’s the handling that sets it apart, it just loves corners.

Ultimately she got rid of it because of the interior, she changed jobs and spends 2 hours per day in the car, she liked driving my new Audi A4 to work. She traded if for a BMW 128ti, which is a great car, but she misses the ST.

If we we win the lottery she’d be straight down to the Ford dealer.

Cheers BB

My wife had 3, culminating in the Fiesta ST Performance, Limited Edition Orange only. I doubt there’s anything other than the new Yaris GR that could rival it on a B Road. I found it uncomfortable after about 30 minutes but I am broad. The engine is great, it pulls like terrier at 70mph in 6th gear and you can hit three figures very quickly without breaking a sweat but it’s the handling that sets it apart, it just loves corners.

Ultimately she got rid of it because of the interior, she changed jobs and spends 2 hours per day in the car, she liked driving my new Audi A4 to work. She traded if for a BMW 128ti, which is a great car, but she misses the ST.

If we we win the lottery she’d be straight down to the Ford dealer.

Cheers BB

The new Ford Performance seats, which have replaced the Recaros are more comfortable, I’m a big lad and I find them fine.

The new Ford Performance seats, which have replaced the Recaros are more comfortable, I’m a big lad and I find them fine.

TBH I found it much worse as a passenger, driving took my mind off it to some extent. I’m not sure which seats were in the Orange one. I like the new green one, looks the business. We really wanted to keep the Orange one and use it for fun only but it would have meant Mrs BB driving something cheap and cheerful the rest of the time. I left her to make the final decision.

Cheers BB

So from which year is this car interesting and why not the ST200?

They’re pretty much all good, a benchmark in the class.

Mine is the ST3-200, so it’s basically the same as the ST200 in terms of performance, despite the smaller engine capacity (1.5 vs 1.6)

TBH I found it much worse as a passenger, driving took my mind off it to some extent. I’m not sure which seats were in the Orange one. I like the new green one, looks the business. We really wanted to keep the Orange one and use it for fun only but it would have meant Mrs BB driving something cheap and cheerful the rest of the time. I left her to make the final decision.

Cheers BB

That’s a good point, I’ve never been in the passenger seat, but I can imagine it could be a bit less fun if you don’t have a steering wheel to hang onto!

Yes, I’ve just bought a new ST3 in Mean Green.

c41aa8fdf6947a0681b09217fc0b50f98fbcbaf0.jpeg

Every time I drive it, it puts a stupid grin on my face. It handles like a dream, goes like stink, seems well built and is pretty well equipped. It’s just bloody good fun.

Everyone says they're 'fun' and it's what I want. Cheap fun.
Love them in strong colors too

advertisement

Back