advertisement

Another mains fuse hits the streets

One of the YouTube comments on the Cheshire Audio vid: "I recently dismantled a Sinergistic Research Orange fuse, £150, and found a standard 50p BUSSMANN fuse with the name poorly scratched off with no other modifications?"

I saw a very similar comment on a Fbook forum, complete with photo. I couldn't comment on its veracity.

Andrew

Apparently the, Cough*, Audiophile fuse business is a very profitable one, Don't forget to give it 300 hours to burn in properly or forget you ever bought it, here's a video of their CEO/founder and lead designer Ted Denney showing off their "Thousands & Thousands of square foot" new facility five months ago that he makes a point to say "we Own". And it appears that they really like "Silver", as Ted never misses and opportunity to say that word repeatedly and check out where they placed some of their "UAF Carbon Tuning Discs" that made a "Massive Difference", what ever in hell those are, also the McIntosh "Reference System" kinda shows who their target market is. - - Oh, and don't forget to take notice of Ted's favorite cars "my Ferrari 458 Spider" and his "Track car" Corvette because Ted's a real man's man:

QUOTE]

jesus, what a complete twat of a bloke, truly grade one obnoxious cock.

Apparently the, Cough*, Audiophile fuse business is a very profitable one, Don't forget to give it 300 hours to burn in properly or forget you ever bought it, here's a video of their CEO/founder and lead designer Ted Denney showing off their "Thousands & Thousands of square foot" new facility five months ago that he makes a point to say "we Own". And it appears that they really like "Silver", as Ted never misses and opportunity to say that word repeatedly and check out where they placed some of their "UAF Carbon Tuning Discs" that made a "Massive Difference", what ever in hell those are, also the McIntosh "Reference System" kinda shows who their target market is. - - Oh, and don't forget to take notice of Ted's favorite cars "my Ferrari 458 Spider" and his "Track car" Corvette because Ted's a real man's man:

This Synergistic Research video reminded me of how these companies begin.

At the start of the interest in cables there was a picture of a young man, Noel Lee, standing
by a door marked ‘Noel Lee Cable Laboratory.’
It showed reels of cable on shelves in what looked like a lock-up, not a laboratory.

It turned into a monster ( pun intended ) business and made Mr. Lee very rich.
Looks like Mr. Denney has become more than well-off, too.

People world-wide continue to buy very expensive cables, very expensive fuses and,
of course, lemon oil.

Now, where did I put my QED 79 strand and my box of assorted mains fuses ?

Last edited:
(quite) Some years ago I was given a gold fuse at a hi-fi show. No idea of the cost & can't remember which company gave it to me. Came in a nice cardboard package. I smiled.
To this day it has never been removed from such package. Believe it (still) is in the hi-fi accessories drawer.

(quite) Some years ago I was given a gold fuse at a hi-fi show. No idea of the cost & can't remember which company gave it to me. Came in a nice cardboard package. I smiled.
To this day it has never been removed from such package. Believe it (still) is in the hi-fi accessories drawer.

Eat it!
dooo itt

In my experience, mains supply quality has a big influence on sound quality. We re-modelled the house a few years ago and I had the electrician fit a separate spur in the front lounge, which gave the system a real lift in quality.

While sceptical about fuses, when it comes to the power supply side of audio I keep an open mind.

However, I also think speaker cables make a difference to sound quality so please ignore me on that basis….:)

In my experience, mains supply quality has a big influence on sound quality. We re-modelled the house a few years ago and I had the electrician fit a separate spur in the front lounge, which gave the system a real lift in quality.

While sceptical about fuses, when it comes to the power supply side of audio I keep an open mind.

However, I also think speaker cables make a difference to sound quality so please ignore me on that basis….:)

You had to say ‘spur’ didn’t you.:)

You know we now have to have 10 pages ‘discussing’ the difference between radials and spurs.

regards

Kevin

I do not know if there is fuse in my amplifier. Do I need to know? No fuses in cable, I am on continent. What is this fuss about fuses? Pure English thing?

I do not know if there is fuse in my amplifier. Do I need to know? No fuses in cable, I am on continent. What is this fuss about fuses? Pure English thing?

it would be quite unusual if your amplifier didn’t have any fuses inside it.

Of course it does.
What is powering your whole system?
Ps: I don't mean kettle leads

Imagine buying fancy kettle leads with no thought about mains conditioning or regeneration

People don't do their research and let Russ do it for them

it would be quite unusual if your amplifier didn’t have any fuses inside it.
Yes, but only fuses get so crazy offerings and lenghty discussions, and cables. Any other parts inside not, nobody speaks much about wiring inside amp or speaker like it matter very little. Or probably just wrong section.

Yes, but only fuses get so crazy offerings and lenghty discussions, and cables. Any other parts inside not, nobody speaks much about wiring inside amp or speaker like it matter very little. Or probably just wrong section.

Magic Quantum Vodka Reference Statement fuses are easier to sell to well off folks as any fool with a screwdriver can fit them to a mains plug.

There's plenty of discussion of posh capacitors and so on but it tends to be in the DIY section where people are comfortable using a soldering iron.

Different market and hi-fi firms don't seem to have found a way to flog gold-plated capacitors dipped in beeswax for £600 each. Yet.

advertisement

Back