advertisement

Another mains fuse hits the streets

That is very disappointing, however, I suspect that at the asking prices of foo fuses there is likely to be a very attractive profit margin built in for any dealers who might be persuaded to sign on.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the imaginary 'Synergenetics Fuse Factory' design/engineering/marketing dept. joint meetings.

Design/Engineering: "We'll take this Bussmann 2A 250V and roll on a coloured label."

Marketing: "We like it, turn these fast-blow into fast money!"

Bugs Bunny (CEO): "Ahhh, and we'll go with maroon for colour and product name, because only a maroon will buy them at 5k a pop! Ha, ha, a 'pop', get it?"
One of the YouTube comments on the Cheshire Audio vid: "I recently dismantled a Sinergistic Research Orange fuse, £150, and found a standard 50p BUSSMANN fuse with the name poorly scratched off with no other modifications?"

One of the YouTube comments on the Cheshire Audio vid: "I recently dismantled a Sinergistic Research Orange fuse, £150, and found a standard 50p BUSSMANN fuse with the name poorly scratched off with no other modifications?"

I can see a positive to come out of this, at least the fuse was made by a company that knows how to make fuses and ensure that they are compliant.

I’m amazed they can get away with this. They would be able to advertise on MSM.

They don’t ‘have to get away with this.’
The world if full of gullible people.

For instance, I was informed by a Far East owner of brand new Falcon Acoustics LS3/5As,
with an incredibly expensive cabinet finish:

‘That they sounded better with a lemon oil finish’

Can you believe it ?
No doubt the owner uses very expensive ( no, extremely expensive ) mains fuses.

I don’t suppose they filmed/photographed it. Would be nice to see something to back this up. The comments section under videos isn’t always the most rational.

Kevin

If the fuses are not CE or UKCA marked and/or with compliance documentation available and proven it is illegal to import them into UK or EU

If the fuses are not CE or UKCA marked and/or with compliance documentation available and proven it is illegal to import them into UK or EU

I don't believe so because the fuse isn't a stand alone product but a component and so isn't subject to testing alone. They will have been made to a generic standard I suspect and I'd be staggered if the distributor didn't have that given that these are sold fairly widely in the UK.

I don't believe so because the fuse isn't a stand alone product but a component and so isn't subject to testing alone. They will have been made to a generic standard I suspect and I'd be staggered if the distributor didn't have that given that these are sold fairly widely in the UK.

not quite generic, they would have to confirm to the relevant BS. If they didn't they would be considered counterfeit and those selling them would be in deep do do. Our electrical standards are pretty well enforced when it comes to this. I would have expected the fuses to be fully tested and compliant with relevant BS specs.
I guess that they are, because I imagine they're just regular fuses with fairy dust and magic bull shit applied.

As a replacement accessory it would have to show compliance of equipment it would be fitted to is maintained. Certainly they must be RoHS compliant.
Of course if they are just re-badged products from another legit supplier then it won't be a problem.

I can't imagine buying a new fuse and then sitting down waiting.. expecting to hear the difference for the money I paid.

£50 bottle of wine would make it sound far better. When does it get down to minute specifics like that?
"If it can be changed or something can be fitted - it will be upgraded"

Apparently the, Cough*, Audiophile fuse business is a very profitable one, Don't forget to give it 300 hours to burn in properly or forget you ever bought it, here's a video of their CEO/founder and lead designer Ted Denney showing off their "Thousands & Thousands of square foot" new facility five months ago that he makes a point to say "we Own". And it appears that they really like "Silver", as Ted never misses and opportunity to say that word repeatedly and check out where they placed some of their "UAF Carbon Tuning Discs" that made a "Massive Difference", what ever in hell those are, also the McIntosh "Reference System" kinda shows who their target market is. - - Oh, and don't forget to take notice of Ted's favorite cars "my Ferrari 458 Spider" and his "Track car" Corvette because Ted's a real man's man:

I really don’t know why I’m reading this, and commenting.

I contacted one Russ Andrews and asked him for information on the cryogenic
treated fuses he offers for sale.
The reply was little more than ‘sales talk.’

I didn’t bother to give him the science behind it, as he possibly ( probably) wouldn’t
believe ( understand ) technical information from a premier UK University on cryogenic effects.

I did ponder that if I had furnished him with the information he would use it to:
‘back up his claims for cryogenically treated fuses.’

advertisement

Back