Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Music HD (plug)

Discussion in 'music' started by Tony L, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Personally, I believe the Mastering is far more important than the resolution or bitrate. Amazon push red book 44.1Khz/16bit as HD which is a bit naughty really and is just marketing words at play. They really should call that CD quality, but that doesn't sound as good when peoples ears are eyes are more focussed to HD. Give me a well mastered and well sourced 44.1/16 or 48/24 etc. format over poorly mastered "questionable source" UHD masters any day:

https://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=7066

2. saturn9

saturn9 stoic

Absolutely this.

Lack of compatibility with LMS is an issue, certainly for me.

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Another Amazon promo, with this one you get 6 months free music streaming with a discounted £18.99 Echo Dot.

4. Pedro83

Pedro83 pfm Member

Link not working for me Tony - "We’re sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I guess it was time-limited and that offer is over now. I’ll give the thread a bump when a new one comes along.

6. Pedro83

Pedro83 pfm Member

I'm buying all sorts from amazon tomorrow, am I right in thinking to enter the site via a link here, purchase and PFM benefits?

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, absolutely - any link from here will work, always plenty in the music room e.g. the bargain boxset thread is rammed with them.

8. 1964meb

1964meb pfm Member

i used amazon music during the first lockdown as there was a free 3 months offer. the ' uhd' was excellent. i have never herd starless (king crimson) sound so good. I have the app on my 10+ year old macbp into my hifi. i dont like a subscription and i like to look through my lps to choose what to play. so i didnt subscribe. perhaps i should have for sq and ease????