advertisement

Amazon Music HD (plug)

I trialed it when it was first announced as I have Amazon prime but I didn't really like the app & found overall the sound quality was not as superior as Qobuz or Tidal. Yea not much in it but if ya want the best then.....

So despite it being the best value if you have prime I have dropped it in favour of the other two. Might revisit in future tho'

This thread's been going for a little while, thought I'd see how long term users were getting on with Amazon HD and if you were tempted with swapping to any of the other services and if so the reasons?

I've been using for about 5 months now, I did trial Qobuz very recently and after initially realising I was playing different versions / quality of albums I couldn't really tell any "noticeable" difference in SQ.
I could have been tempted to swap as I'm not an Amazon Fan generally but I use a WiiM Pro having recently upgraded from a Mini but the WiiM App isn't great for selecting music, the Amazon Music App you can cast 24/192 straight from your phone / tablet to the WiiM.

Qobuz you were limited to using Chromecast which was fine for phone / tablet, it was also available on a PC which was nice BUT my laptop kept locking it out unless I opened up unrestricted network access making it vulnerable to any outside attacks .. I'm sure there must be a workaround for that though.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

I have found it frustrating tbh. I originally used a Chromecast Audio and have just moved to a Wiim Pro. I can't get the Amazon App to connect to either (neither visible as an option) but it will connect to my Q Acoustics active 200s in the lounge which has a Chromecast built in...
It will connect to the Wiim via the Wiim app, but this interface is very poor tbh and I'm also not realising the increase in sound quality I was expecting.
The Amazon app does connect well to my two pairs of Sony wireless headphones, but again not the leap in sound quality I was expecting over Spotify.

I'll be letting it expire after the three month trial I'm on...

I have found it frustrating tbh. I originally used a Chromecast Audio and have just moved to a Wiim Pro. I can't get the Amazon App to connect to either (neither visible as an option) but it will connect to my Q Acoustics active 200s in the lounge which has a Chromecast built in...
It will connect to the Wiim via the Wiim app, but this interface is very poor tbh and I'm also not realising the increase in sound quality I was expecting.
The Amazon app does connect well to my two pairs of Sony wireless headphones, but again not the leap in sound quality I was expecting over Spotify.

I'll be letting it expire after the three month trial I'm on...

Have you logged into your Amazon account within the WiiM App?

I think from memory I also had to go into the Amazon Alexa App and add the WiiM as a device, once I'd done this I could play to just it or set it up in groups.

Have you logged into your Amazon account within the WiiM App?

I think from memory I also had to go into the Amazon Alexa App and add the WiiM as a device, once I'd done this I could play to just it or set it up in groups.
This is the answer. Here’s the faq:

advertisement

Back