advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

A surprise result last night was a bonus for all Manchester City and Arsenal fans. Local derbies are always a chance for lost points and this was one of the games I thought may be a tricky one for Liverpool, as the weekend may be for Arsenal. Tonight, we play Brighton, and must win, it is that simple, and it is also simple to say that if we keep winning, the league goes to us. This is always the trophy I want to win more than any other, and Arsenal, with a group of very talented young players will only get stronger under Arteta. The chance is NOW!

Liverpool are not out of it because anyone can slip up, but before any Everton goal last night it looked like Jürgen was emotionally fraught. Like Arsenal last year, holding those emotions is so, so key to getting over the line. I do not think any team is out of it, but it will be very hard for Liverpool if City win their games in hand as Arsenal have.

From experience "Interesting" is not a word I'd use to describe supporting a mid table or relegation threatened team.
And you'll find followers of such teams much less likely to post on the thread due to being..."cheesed off".
Yeah my brother supports MUFC and he is sulking 😂

Great win for us last night against the neighbours. Looks like we are safe for another year despite the points deductions etc. Hopefully the club can get its finances sorted out over the summer.

From experience "Interesting" is not a word I'd use to describe supporting a mid table or relegation threatened team.
And you'll find followers of such teams much less likely to post on the thread due to being..."cheesed off".

I post on here and support a mid table team.

I only get cheesed off because of the continual over the top bias with the sky pundits.
Man United and Liverpool supporters in London who have not even been to the stadiums.
Mid table or lower placed teams whatever the league, enjoy any success that comes their way with a joy that the so called big clubs would never begin to understand.

I could so easily visit Arsenal-Chelsea-Spurs-which I did sometimes but nothing ever compared to our ground with one stand grassy banks--seeking re election to the league, getting thumped 9-0 by Liverpool then taking revenge in the 1990 semi final etc etc

Being born in the next road to Selhurst park is my birth right and why they are my team.

When the money boys take our players or we are relegated they will still be my team and other supporters of other teams are no less of value.

Fully deserved win for Crystal Palace last night against my Newcastle. Like VAR, we just weren't at it.
Credit to Palace we were outplayed. Glasner looks like a goodun.
In mitigation with a starting eleven including several squad players (and being down to 12/13 fit outfield players in total) doesn't help when the Plan A used at home against Spurs and a high line clearly wasn't working...or [puts on my hindsight glasses] dare I say it, appropriate. Ten defeats on the road...
Course the evening was cursed as soon as Gordon did that interview with Neville/The Overlap.

Nice goal by KDB but Foden slips over himself and MC awarded a free kick from which they scored.

Officiating. You can't make this up anymore

City have strolled to a 3 nil lead.
KDB totally unmarked for the first, ref chips in with a generous decision for the 2nd, kamikaze playing out from the back for the third.
Brighton have been awful

Good win. Thought the Foden free kick shouldn't have been one and it looked like a pen - Pedro and Gvardiol. Good performance in the first half especially.

Good win. Thought the Foden free kick shouldn't have been one and it looked like a pen - Pedro and Gvardiol. Good performance in the first half especially.
We were well beaten tonight. Ref decisions did not affect the result. Think we’ve run out of steam. Good game for city, who didn’t look like they got out of 3rd gear. So energy levels saved.

Thought they looked ominously good. Had that feeling that you’re playing against a “machine” rather than a team. Amazing

We were well beaten tonight. Ref decisions did not affect the result. Think we’ve run out of steam. Good game for city, who didn’t look like they got out of 3rd gear. So energy levels saved.

Thought they looked ominously good. Had that feeling that you’re playing against a “machine” rather than a team. Amazing
We were terrific but you also play football. This is unfortunately why we play against banks of ten defenders so often. He made a tactical change that dropped Rodri in to defence last night to start the ball moving - it meant that both Foden and KDB played further forward and Bernardo dropped in alongside Kovacic. It was very dangerous and slick, but we did get the benefit of a couple of strange decisions too.

Since De Zerbi threw his hat in the ring for the Liverpool job Brighton’s form seems to have fallen off a cliff. It’s no wonder Liverpool are looking elsewhere.

Cheers BB

Terrific game between Villa and Chelsea tonight. The auld Cockney Winkers showing signs of progress under Pochetino which probably means Turd Bowely will sack him in the morning and manage the team himself from now on.

advertisement

Back