advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Chelsea managed a decent draw against Anthony Taylor today

Taylor awarded himself a dodgy penalty but could stop two magnificent goals from Chelsea.

Taylor then scored a good goal before half time and just about managed to luckily bundle the ball in just after half time.

Taylor got a lucky deflection to take the lead again but he then committed such an obvious foul in the box that he had to award a penalty against himself.

Fabulous performance from Chelsea against a determined Taylor.

Taylor awarded himself a dodgy penalty but could stop two magnificent goals from Chelsea.

Taylor then scored a good goal before half time and just about managed to luckily bundle the ball in just after half time.

Taylor got a lucky deflection to take the lead again but he then committed such an obvious foul in the box that he had to award a penalty against himself.

You might want to open the window and let the fumes out. Maybe think about changing the bong water too.

Yes it was a really enjoyable watch. Poch got them going in the right direction but the defenders are not quite good enough to play four at the back against the very best hence they look more comfortable when Chilllwell makes a five.

I'd have taken a 4-4 before the match:D
Fantastic atmosphere at the Bridge - great game that neither side deserved to lose.
Kovacic warmly applauded when he came on towards the end and rightly so.

Thought that Taylor allowed some sensible advantages to be played but an obvious foul when Gallagher was sent arse over breast led to City scoring a goal. A very enjoyable game, just my personal preference that RADA trained refs should do so well clear of and very north of Watford.

Me too.
Don't fancy us against Chelsea after the break, they're starting to look pretty good.
Excellent game...will there be a winner?

If we had Harry Kane, for example, we would be very tasty. Poch has certainly started to work his magic, things are finally looking up, under Boehly.

Will he be plying his trade in the Championship again next week?

An exciting match for the neutral but it is a long time since I have seen City look so vulnerable in defence. Fortunately, Chelsea were just as vulnerable or this would have been a lost game. The referee was okay, but inconsistent. Haaland got a soft penalty (in my eyes); Doku was rightly booked for simulation; Cuccarella wasn't booked for one of the most ridiculous dives you'll see (lots of videos doing the rounds); and the same player stopped Rodri from defending a Chelsea goal with clear obstruction - no action taken. Sterling was the best player on the pitch and I am pleased for him - he is clearly in great form right now and too many City fans forget that his goal involvement at City was extraordinary. Very few players are capable of making Walker look like a numpty, but he did that. I am also pleased for Cole Palmer - a very talented boy.

As for Chelsea's financial irregularities - come and join us on the naughty steps. We are on step 115. I think Everton are between middle and bottom. Don't worry, more will be joining you unless FIFA and UEFA have some club directors in their ranks.

Last edited:
So three teams competing to the the US Postal Service pro CyclingTeam of the Premier League.
Oh, there will be many more...for sure!
Unfortunately, I don't think that my team has a chance. I think we are going to win 115-0 and forfeit our right to compete for that title.

advertisement

Back