advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

The sooner City and Chelsea are brought to account the better it will be for the Premiership and football in general. Everton were low hanging fruit and are now probably going to get sued by the previous season's relegated teams (all subject to appeal).
You won’t see any resolution for at least two years as far as City charges are concerned.

the Spurs are the Lilywhites how dare you, when u have 115 charges against you
cheating is cheating isn’t it?
And as I pointed out earlier, it’s 3 charges, but the numbskulls like yourself who know naff all about what’s happening lap up the propaganda.

cheating is cheating isn’t it?
And as I pointed out earlier, it’s 3 charges, but the numbskulls like yourself who know naff all about what’s happening lap up the propaganda.

if not 115 charges, still 3-1 to you.
i cannot be arsed to insult you btw

You won’t see any resolution for at least two years as far as City charges are concerned.

Yes, City's lawyers are very good. It would be better for football that the matter was cleared up as soon as possible. The longer it drags on the worse it looks for the Premiership and City (and all the silverware).

I don't think City's lawyers have to be THAT good. The charges look cobbled together to try and satisfy a small number of clubs who want unchallenged success and the cash that comes with it. There are certainly a few people speaking on the issue who are pretty confident that the case against City will come to very, very little, if anything. The attention that City's charges are currently getting is simply because another club has been punished. I have a feeling that there will be many, many more clubs that are revealed to have breached rules, and it wouldn't surprise me if some club issues are coming to light as a result of the investigation into City; I remember Pep suggesting that other clubs may need to be very, very careful, and I think that Spurs was the only club that he specifically named, though it could have been about something unrelated to the latest news.

Aren't City trying to attack the validation of the charges, rather than the charges themselves, at the moment? If only three of the 115 charges hold any weight, then why not build your defence against the charges themselves, if they are going to be batted away so easily?

Aren't City trying to attack the validation of the charges, rather than the charges themselves, at the moment? If only three of the 115 charges hold any weight, then why not build your defence against the charges themselves, if they are going to be batted away so easily?
Yes, at the moment. It isn't that there are only three charges: they are categories that each of the charges fit in to. The charges are then applied to each year and example. Legally, I think each of the charges has to be heard and defended, though I imagine that there will be constant references back to previous defences: I refer your honour to...

but does any one share my opinion that Saka at the moment does not deserve a place in the England team, he has become so predictable.
He’s not at the level he was a year ago during the WC for sure. He had been carrying an ankle injury this season apparently which may be a factor but nevertheless I agree with you.

The two teams I detest playing are simply because they are always likely to get a highly dubious decision in their favour. It happened once again today, with the denial of a clear Manchester City goal to make it 2-0 and, within minutes, Liverpool score. It happens again and again, backed by VAR, yet Liverpool fans have spent the week complaining about the choice of referee. The foul on Alisson I just cannot see - embarrassing...AGAIN. And then we have Neville announcing Alexander-Arnold as MOM, a player skinned, repeatedly, by Jeremy Doku. It feels like a commentator's sickness that they have to 'big-up' certain players.

The match was a bit flat, with City the better side, but flat nevertheless with few bright sparks from either side. What was wrong with Nunez post match?

I'll get my excuses in early:
Willock has aggravated his Achilles. Krafth is ill.
Longstaff injured. 17yo Lewis Miley starts. Isak's first game back. Bench is three keepers, Ritchie, Dummett and kids.
I'll take a draw.

The two teams I detest playing are simply because they are always likely to get a highly dubious decision in their favour. It happened once again today, with the denial of a clear Manchester City goal to make it 2-0 and, within minutes, Liverpool score. It happens again and again, backed by VAR, yet Liverpool fans have spent the week complaining about the choice of referee. The foul on Alisson I just cannot see - embarrassing...AGAIN. And then we have Neville announcing Alexander-Arnold as MOM, a player skinned, repeatedly, by Jeremy Doku. It feels like a commentator's sickness that they have to 'big-up' certain players.

The match was a bit flat, with City the better side, but flat nevertheless with few bright sparks from either side. What was wrong with Nunez post match?
The foul was given because Akanji (I think it was Akanji) was adjudged to be pulling down on Alison’s arm as he was taking the catch. I agree that these are very rarely given so I can understand the frustration, but for me it’s a foul. City’s strategy at corners seemed to be be to to take the keeper out and hope Haaland gets something on the cross.

I

The foul was given because Akanji (I think it was Akanji) was adjudged to be pulling down on Alison’s arm as he was taking the catch. I agree that these are very rarely given so I can understand the frustration, but for me it’s a foul. City’s strategy at corners seemed to be be to to take the keeper out and hope Haaland gets something on the cross.

I
One of the softest disallowed goals I have ever witnessed, and that's saying something.

One of the softest disallowed goals I have ever witnessed, and that's saying something.
I agree it could be seen as “soft” in the way that we used to think of “fouls” on the keeper, but I can also understand why it wasn’t adjudged a clear and obvious error by VAR. Akanji was pulling the keepers arm down, so it’s a foul.

I agree it could be seen as “soft” in the way that we used to think of “fouls” on the keeper, but I can also understand why it wasn’t adjudged a clear and obvious error by VAR. Akanji was pulling the keepers arm down, so it’s a foul.
Yes I agree and 1-1 was a fair result. Neither team perfect at the moment - Man C missing KDB, Liverpool without a proper centre forward and Sala gone over the hump.

advertisement

Back