advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it could be seen as “soft” in the way that we used to think of “fouls” on the keeper, but I can also understand why it wasn’t adjudged a clear and obvious error by VAR. Akanji was pulling the keepers arm down, so it’s a foul.
By any judgement, soft.
I have now watched it several times and I cannot think of a similar example of so little contact being viewed in such a way. I certainly do not think that a goal for Liverpool would have been disallowed for that level of 'contact'.

By any judgement, soft.
I have now watched it several times and I cannot think of a similar example of so little contact being viewed in such a way. I certainly do not think that a goal for Liverpool would have been disallowed for that level of 'contact'.
Clearly not in the judgement of the VAR crew, so “by any judgement” is factually incorrect.

Doku does look a player though.

City fans should really be greatful there not playing against a Tory party eleven in the Premier division corrupt bastards super league cup final.

Clearly not in the judgement of the VAR crew, so “by any judgement” is factually incorrect.

Doku does look a player though.
Well, thankyou for the pedantic slant - I think you are aware of what I meant - it was soft in the extreme.
Doku is a player, which was another reason why Neville's MOM award was utterly laughable.

As I said, there are two clubs that I continually hate playing, and it is because of the refereeing in those games.

Well, thankyou for the pedantic slant - I think you are aware of what I meant - it was soft in the extreme.
Doku is a player, which was another reason why Neville's MOM award was utterly laughable.

As I said, there are two clubs that I continually hate playing, and it is because of the refereeing in those games.
I’m aware of what you meant, you think it was soft, but I can see why the ref gave the foul and that VAR didn’t overturn it.

The rest of your post just smacks of not liking Liverpool or Manchester United.

1-1 was a fair result, Alisson error for the first and he saved a great deflected effort at 1-0, City without De Bruyne didn’t look much and the reds created plenty without really threatening Ederson - looks wide open this year atm

IMG-1315.jpg

IMG-1316.jpg

I’m aware of what you meant, you think it was soft, but I can see why the ref gave the foul and that VAR didn’t overturn it.

The rest of your post just smacks of not liking Liverpool or Manchester United.
I cannot see why the ref gave the foul. As I said, two clubs I don't like playing and it's mainly (but not all) because of the decisions in those games.

That’s why you’re not a ref, chill … it’s a decision and VAR didn’t overturn it
Come on, you must know that that was an error. My goodness, I am speaking to people who watch the game. That was as soft as you will ever see and it would, IMO, never be given the other way.

By any judgement, soft.
Still a foul and the correct decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back