advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they the only teams you know or do you think all the others are strictly adhering to the prescribed rules?

A strawman argument is tae be expected in futba circles..

The Scottish League and SFA took (correctly) brutal action against Rangers a few years ago.Some European leagues…finally … have taken action. Fans in England should be astonished at the “gentle reprimands” dished out tae English culprits (cash fines are a laugh to these clubs)The fear of a Euro league ties the english fa and Premiership from doling out proper punishments.

I've heard from someone who knows a lot more about these kinds of things than I do that Rice is coming to City with Phillips going to the other way. This seems a bit far fetched to me, but City are going to have to replace Rodri and De Bruyne sooner rather than later. Have Rice as cover for De Bruyne with the aim of replacing him as our box to box player does make sense.

I've heard from someone who knows a lot more about these kinds of things than I do that Rice is coming to City with Phillips going to the other way. This seems a bit far fetched to me, but City are going to have to replace Rodri and De Bruyne sooner rather than later. Have Rice as cover for De Bruyne with the aim of replacing him as our box to box player does make sense.
They might get rice, money talks after all, but its difficult to imagine him accepting a bench warming role. He's too good and high status for that.

As for rodri, he's quite young and amazingly can probably get even better. Unless he's eager to leave I can see city hanging on to him for a good while yet.

A strawman argument is tae be expected in futba circles..

The Scottish League and SFA took (correctly) brutal action against Rangers a few years ago.Some European leagues…finally … have taken action. Fans in England should be astonished at the “gentle reprimands” dished out tae English culprits (cash fines are a laugh to these clubs)The fear of a Euro league ties the english fa and Premiership from doling out proper punishments.
What does Rangers being punished for not paying tax and subsequently going into administration got to do with FFP?

As for rodri, he's quite young and amazingly can probably get even better. Unless he's eager to leave I can see city hanging on to him for a good while yet.

I agree, I think the reason why Kovacic is coming because Rodri can't play in every match as he will run out of steam as we saw in the Inter match

LOL...indeed...edited after the hat-trick!
Though the first and third were fine too!

Looks like Kovacic to City is done - £25m + £5m for a league win. That seems like a very good deal for a quality player.

Looks like Kovacic to City is done - £25m + £5m for a league win. That seems like a very good deal for a quality player.

An absolute bargain, quite why our new owners think losing Kovacic, Havertz, Kante, Mount and possibly others from our midfield is a good idea when all we needed was a striker who knew where the goal was is beyond me.

An absolute bargain, quite why our new owners think losing Kovacic, Havertz, Kante, Mount and possibly others from our midfield is a good idea when all we needed was a striker who knew where the goal was is beyond me.

It points to FFP issues, or a new manager who simply doesn't want to work with the players he has.
Whenever I watched Chelsea, I thought that Kovacic was one of the best players, and very, very good on the ball - I am delighted with the signing.

It points to FFP issues, or a new manager who simply doesn't want to work with the players he has.
Whenever I watched Chelsea, I thought that Kovacic was one of the best players, and very, very good on the ball - I am delighted with the signing.

You should be, I often sat there thinking he was one of the best players on the pitch. when we fell into our usual habit of playing from side to side or backwards (I think they call it possession but I think of it as "busy doing nothing") he would get the ball and drive us forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back