advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I don't think it is an attitude issue, I think that some players are very leggy indeed and the formation was not helping. I am pleased he made the necessary adjustments but we are not in a great period of form, as 1 point from the previous two league games shows.
At the end of the day it's 3 points which is all that really matters when you're chasing the leader.
Chelsea have huge problems having made some really poor signings on and off the pitch - it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds over the coming weeks.

At the end of the day it's 3 points which is all that really matters when you're chasing the leader.
Chelsea have huge problems having made some really poor signings on and off the pitch - it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds over the coming weeks.

Bang on for City - a win is all that counts.
I don't follow Chelsea closely, but they seem to have made a lot of un-planned signings and that rarely works.

Just back from the game and shocked how poor City were in the first half and although better in the second, not amazing. I'd prepared myself for a cricket score so while disappointed to lose not devastated.

I thought Zakaria looked good again. Seem to remember some journalist slagging him off as a bit of a joke, but he looks a real footballer. Though he does make me nervous when he takes players on in our defensive third!

I thought Zakaria looked good again. Seem to remember some journalist slagging him off as a bit of a joke, but he looks a real footballer. Though he does make me nervous when he takes players on in our defensive third!
Agreed - which makes it all the more baffling why he had to wait so long to get his chance.
We're not exactly blessed with options in midfield and he seems to team up with Kovacic rather well.

Just back from the game and shocked how poor City were in the first half and although better in the second, not amazing. I'd prepared myself for a cricket score so while disappointed to lose not devastated.
I was surprised how much they sat off Chelsea - normally they're all over you like a rash from the word go.
Perhaps they were frightened of being caught out by one of our lightening quick counter attacks.;)

I thought Zakaria looked good again.
He appears to have all the necessary attributes to succeed in the PL.I seem to remember Kovacic came to us initially on loan with an option for a permanent deal - hopefully we have a similar arrangement for Zakaria?

foto-2-1024x768.jpg.9daf66b1db7f62d5c9e696c1099e61d7.jpg

Graeme Souness played alongside Gianluca Vialli at Sampdoria and the former Scotland midfielder was visibly emotional as he paid tribute on Sky Sports.

"I can't tell you how good a guy he was," he said. "Forget football, he was just a gorgeous soul. He was just a truly nice human being.

"He was just fabulous to be around. He was such a fun-loving guy, full of mischief, a wonderful footballer and a warm human being.

"People will say things about his magnificent football ability, and correctly so, but above all that, what a human being. My condolences go to his family - the kids were blessed to have a dad like that, his wife was blessed to be married to a man like that."

advertisement

Back