advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not great Liverpool were wasteful yet again with good chances or they could have been just too far in front and then managed the game. Sad that Klopp and the team seemed not to be able to see the Brentford game plan and how well it was executed even towards the end they were still making the same mistakes . Brentford were deserving of their draw and on another day they might well have taken a win . Liverpool by the same token if they start to wake up and become clinical could of easily won this game . Entertaining match for both supporters and the neutrals but not good for either my heart or blood pressure roll on Porto .

A penny for Harry's thoughts.

29-FA82-B6-2-C8-E-4-EDA-896-A-C148-EC7-DB05-E.jpg

...I could still do a job there.

7-DCBDB26-4580-4-EE4-8-AA4-348-BFB3-F3714.jpg

...Do a few deals, get some new lads in.

412-BCB46-6-A28-449-E-AF84-759-E872-E2-DB3.jpg

...Just ****ing run around a bit.

Just heard that the petrol panic buying means the Jack Grealish money has been replaced well in advance.

Daft free kick robs Palace of a deserved win. Never mind, good performance again. Vieira's selections looking good.

Daft penalty robs us of victory :) 0-0 at half time and we'd have probably nicked it.

Poor performance from us though so a point is good. Keeps us in the mix.

I think that showed how much we'd miss Bissouma if he goes in January. I did worry about the midfield, Lallana and Groß are terrific players but not together in the middle.

6 games 13 points. Excellent start.

Last season we would probably have drawn with Burnley, drawn against Brentford, drawn or lost to Leicester and lost to Palace. Expected points total between 5 and 7 points.

The team is much more resilient this season.

Palace are going through the same transition from defensive/counter attacking team to ball playing team under a new manager like we did. Expect a large number of draws , Palace already have 3.

Palace are certainly in transition but have had a tough start to the season with Chelsea ,Liverpool, West Ham and Spurs. With Eze and Olise both likely to get regular game time they will pick up enough points.
I do not post threads or replies to games because tv companies do that but I have to ask Seagull why do Brighton play in puke green.....you should be deducted points for that!

I thought City were unrecognisable last night from the side that dominated Chelsea a few days ago.
It could have been worse though as I think KDB was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch after such a dreadful challenge.
Grealish also will need to learn that falling over all the time at the slightest touch doesn't wash with decent officials.
Great goal by Messi.

City should have scored a couple I thought, the ref didn't give them much either - perhaps they gave the opposition too much respect but I think they'll be a different team at the weekend when I would take a point now in truth?

One thing was confirmed tho after watching the second half and listening to the first on 5Live on the drive home from Andover - that Neymar is a just a cheating, horrible footballer who I imagine other Brazilian players in the EPL must laugh at

City should have scored a couple I thought, the ref didn't give them much either - perhaps they gave the opposition too much respect but I think they'll be a different team at the weekend when I would take a point now in truth?

One thing was confirmed tho after watching the second half and listening to the first on 5Live on the drive home from Andover - that Neymar is a just a cheating, horrible footballer who I imagine other Brazilian players in the EPL must laugh at
Yeah - I didn't word my original post very well.City played ok and definitely should've scored - maybe the way they dominated Chelsea was a consequence of our formation with only two forwards?
I do stand by my comments that KDB was lucky to stay on the pitch and that Grealish goes to ground far too easily though.
The weekend should be interesting - a draw would certainly be favoured by the other title contenders.:)

Thought City played well and were much better than PSG for decent chunks of time. Walker was excellent. They could have easily scored (the crossbar!?) a couple of goals. The problem was they had no finishing mojo in the box. Pep must be wishing he had a Kane or Ronaldo, or even a Messi, at these times like these. Girlish was off form, probably because he was still processing the Cesar ‘mount’ last weekend. PSG were most effective in defence I thought. Obviously helps to have Messi as well.

Shout out to Sheriff.

City miles the better team but this can happen when chances are not taken. DeBruyne always needs a few weeks to return to sharpness but Rodri, as against Chelsea, was the dominant midfielder on view. Messi is simply one of the best finishers the game has seen - allow him to run towards goal at your peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back