advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game, well defended by Chelsea. Lukaku was well contained but Chelsea look very good.
Yes, thought Lukaku lost the ball too easily a couple of times in the second half. But a helleva rear guard performance nonetheless

When was the last time Hallam beat anyone 7-0?

Last Wednesday, wasn’t it?

An early red card in today’s big game, with Hallam already a goal down to Humber United.

E9404OEXEAADEcF.jpg

Final score: Humber United 2-9 Hallam (What the actual... )

Up the Countrymen!

Nice win for Huddersfield against Reading, 4-0 & well up the table. I think Sorba Thomas will be a superstar, we will probably struggle to keep him at Xmas. Nice that Lewis O’Brien scored after Leeds made a series of insulting bids for him.

Great game, well defended by Chelsea. Lukaku was well contained but Chelsea look very good.

I thought so too. They look like a title winning team to me, even though it's only 3 games in. I know it's early days but you can't really look beyond Chelsea or City, though I'm sure my team Man Utd and Liverpool will have other ideas.

I think if we'd gone a man down against City we'd have been picked off in the 2nd half.
What I saw from Liverpool was a lot of pressing the ball but very little craft or quality in possession.

what I saw was an unfit Robertson so everything came down the right wing, I think Tsimikas and Jota should have started and perhaps we could have made the breakthrough - you defended like lions and had some luck with deflections that stopped the ball going in but not spotted by the officials who I thought were generally poor

I think if we'd gone a man down against City we'd have been picked off in the 2nd half.
What I saw from Liverpool was a lot of pressing the ball but very little craft or quality in possession.
It’s three games in and all teams with get sharper - surprised to say this but on form this year and preseason I think we missed Keita ;)

Love the Mancity sculptures. Great result against the gunners and a great day of football. Thought Klopp was very complimentary to Chelsea, they are a great team and a difficult opponent but def pen and the rules are the rule
s so bye bye. Great results elsewhere as well, shaping up to be a good season!

I wouldn't get too carried away with the Chelsea title challenge just yet, second half any team with a 9 man defence is going to be hard to break through. First half they shaded it but it was still 1-1 at HT. Elliot has potential but had his passing been better around and into the box it could've been different.....

In the circumstances I feel the result yesterday was really good. It showed a resilience that Chelsea have been lacking in recent years, and that against a brilliant Liverpool team in an intimidating ground. (last year Chelsea went down to 10 men, can’t remember who against, and fell to pieces)

Love the photo below, it seems to capture the mood of a really solid defensive performance

51408660367_1761d3335b_o.jpg

Before the kick off, I’d have happily taken a boring 0-0, the one-point draw yesterday felt like a win.

Chelsea should feel good with that result in the circumstances. I was really disappointed with Robertson, Henderson and Mane yesterday - well off the pace & slightly worried that they’re undroppable by JK - the reds best player was probably the very young Harvey Elliot with Matip close behind. Havertz header was outstanding & I do wonder whether he meant it (Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank didn’t) and I suspect that on another day they may well have won…. Looks like good season

I was surprised at Liverpool's inability to break Chelsea down yesterday - with no injuries to speak of and the best fans in the world finally finding their voice in the 2nd half I was just waiting for the floodgates to open.
In truth Chelsea probably had the best chances to score in the 2nd half while Liverpool mounted what seemed like the same method of predictable attack time and time again which Chelsea comfortably repelled.
Interesting stat - despite having a numerical advantage for over half the game Liverpool managed to make 3 times as many fouls as Chelsea - make of that what you will.
I confidently predicted Liverpool to win the league a few weeks ago but I'm not so sure - they'll roll over a lot of teams at Anfield the way they come flying out of the blocks but against the better quality sides they'll need to show a lot more than yesterday - Klopp didn't appear to have any answers other than, as always, berating the officials for every perceived injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back