advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
fock the levels only an idiot or child would make their own special criteria
Sorry, but I thought @Colin L levels were well thought out. You might want to challenge them on the detail, but as a broad definition of how the EPL is, surely not childish or idiotic? If you wish to argue that Spurs are a top level team, then best to do so on the merits of the Tottenham Hotspur team, it’s achievements and it’s potential?

Sorry, but I thought @Colin L levels were well thought out. You might want to challenge them on the detail, but as a broad definition of how the EPL is, surely not childish or idiotic? If you wish to argue that Spurs are a top level team, then best to do so on the merits of the Tottenham Hotspur team, it’s achievements and it’s potential?

I have no argument with THFC not being top 4 - I have no idea where they will finish.

But to invent characterisations is totally puffed up pretence appointing oneself as an expert. To me it is of the playground, with no merit and totally meaningless

I have no argument with THFC not being top 4 - I have no idea where they will finish.

But to invent characterisations is totally puffed up pretence appointing oneself as an expert. To me it is of the playground, with no merit and totally meaningless
Well, the playground is precisely where our football prejudices start. But beyond prejudice there are obviously different levels that teams are expected to perform at. For example, any self respecting West Ham fan will not expect their team to perform at the same level, or more important in the same manner, as Man City. That would be totally unrealistic. West Ham’s success or failure will be measured by the ‘level’ the are realistically expected to perform at. As such, ascribing ‘levels’ is not immature or meaningless, it is the very stuff of the reality of today’s football.

Why is Adama allowed to wear such short shorts? Is it just to show off his thunderous thighs? Are short lengths an option for everyone at Wolves? Or were the length of his shorts part of his “personal terms”?

Ooh, sorry I didn’t answer quickly enough for you. Sadly I have a life outside this forum and a couple of kids ( I took them out today).

The levels as described are used by a couple of football analysts, Stephen Drennan uses them and I remember seeing them used by Jonathan Wilson. I believe they are from UEFA coaching courses. They are easy to remember and very useful for analysing how teams are coached and play.

The key thing to remember is that the best teams win things when playing Level 3 so that pretty much excludes Spurs from the classification. :rolleyes:

Have a nice evening.

Last edited:
Ooh, sorry I didn’t answer quickly enough for you. Sadly I have a life outside this forum and a couple of kids ( I took them out today).

The levels as described are used by a couple of football analysts, Stephen Drennan uses them and I remember seeing them used by Jonathan Wilson. I believe they are from UEFA coaching courses. They are easy to remember and very useful for analysing how teams are coached and play.

The key thing to remember is that the best teams win things when playing Level 3 so that pretty much excludes Spurs from the classification. :rolleyes:

Have a nice evening.
Did you take your kids to watch a level 8 game in a local park anywhere near White Hart Lane?

Good gracious no. Why would anyone go anywhere near WHL. Also its a bit of a hike.
Last weekend we all did drive 6 1/2 hours each way to see Liverpool vs Burnley, but thats quite different (and worthwhile) :)

Last edited:
I'm always a bit baffled in the football threads as to which That London team is regarded as the worst. Everyone seems to hate Arsenal, but Spurs also seem to have their haters.

But, of course, mention of Southend brings to mind a HMHB lyric:

He’s gonna talk about his songs
And his favourite footy teams
That’s England, Chelsea, Accy Stanley
“And all the band love watching Barça”
But then disastrously
They ask him casually
“You come from Leigh-On-Sea,
Do you ever get to Roots Hall?”
Which to him means f*ck all

HMHB: Rock And Roll Is Full Of Bad Wools

If that’s how the scum are going to be refereed this season they may as well give them the title now.
Mike Dean - cheat.

Good to know you are still watching United but...did you actually see the WWF-inspired first half? And any update on a new striker after Messi, Kane and Ronaldo slipped through Pep's hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back