advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some good points in that article. To be fair to Bruce, I think he did well to follow Rafa in that 1st season and keep us up. Of course he inherited Rafa's defensive organisation and did his best to fcuk it up and confuse the players. However, he deserved a second season and he then came off the rails. We flirted very close to relegation. Too close for me. That should have been the end of him. He says he loves him hometown club and if he did, he would resign. He loves the money more.

Some good points in that article. To be fair to Bruce, I think he did well to follow Rafa in that 1st season and keep us up. Of course he inherited Rafa's defensive organisation and did his best to fcuk it up and confuse the players. However, he deserved a second season and he then came off the rails. We flirted very close to relegation. Too close for me. That should have been the end of him. He says he loves him hometown club and if he did, he would resign. He loves the money more.
Utter nonsense.
A contract works both ways.

He doesn't need the money, but obviously wants it. People would respect him more if he resigned and went without a pay-off. I would. Unfortunately, he's damaging himself. People now know he's only clinging on for the pay-off.

Given this was an Ashley appointment contract, you would have thought it was incentive based on performances in terms of pounds per points and positions.
To be fair to Bruce £8m in the back pocket or the respect of fans who hate him isn’t that tough a decision really.

Why should he resign, I certainly wouldn’t given the likely pay off. I don’t believe many others would either & certainly no modern manager.

Off the top of my head, Bruce resigned at Crystal Palace, Hull, Sheffield Wed.

See post #1467 for further explanation.

Cracking game between Atletico & Liverpool ruined by harsh sending off.
Liverpool would be losing if not for that sending off. Both shoves in the backs were penalties too. Liverpool do seem to get the rub of the green when it comes to decisions.

Off the top of my head, Bruce resigned at Crystal Palace, Hull, Sheffield Wed.

See post #1467 for further explanation.
He probably had other jobs to go to in all those situations. Managers rarely, if ever, resign & the worse the fans are to them the more likely they are to cling on.

To be fair to Bruce £8m in the back pocket or the respect of fans who hate him isn’t that tough a decision really.

This is his doing. He could have went in the summer on his terms and blamed Ashley for not backing him in the window. That would have left him with a record of two full seasons managing Newcastle and keeping us in the Premier League. Job done. Move on. But no, he chooses to go on and damage his own reputation and record like he is.

He probably had other jobs to go to in all those situations. Managers rarely, if ever, resign & the worse the fans are to them the more likely they are to cling on.

We're talking about his so-called beloved hometown club here. He doesn't need to do this, but I don't think he cares anyway. It's just about the money now.

Liverpool would be losing if not for that sending off. Both shoves in the backs were penalties too. Liverpool do seem to get the rub of the green when it comes to decisions.
They're certainly using up a lot of good luck early doors but if they carry on defending like that they'll be found out in the later stages.

We're talking about his so-called beloved hometown club here. He doesn't need to do this, but I don't think he cares anyway. It's just about the money now.
I don’t blame him, he’s 60, may as well get a pay off. How much compensation did you have to pay to SWFC, guessing nothing?

I don’t blame him, he’s 60, may as well get a pay off. How much compensation did you have to pay to SWFC, guessing nothing?

It's reported that they paid SWFC £4m! I hope it isn't true....

Maybe we should have a fans whip-round for Bruce at the 1st home game after he's gone. Top up his £30m pension pot. Better still, I'm sure all his former clubs will be more than willing to chip-in.

I don't think Kevin was that hard on the players. Those were great games. I think Kevin was only in charge of the 1st 4-3 game 1996. Dalglish was in charge of Newcastle for the second in 1997.
The media have always made out that Keegan’s love it moment made him a laughing stock but for me it was a sign of his desire for the club he loved, his Dad was a Geordie (disclaimer - this comes from my memory of reading his autobiography), to do well and the honesty of the man. Dare I say we could do with a bit more of that from today’s managers (Ericsson, Morenhinio, Pardew, Alladyce).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back