advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think PL FFP rules are that you can only loose £105m after a 3 year period and this only applies to wages and transfers. Infrastructure investment on grounds and training facilities etc does not count towards FFP. I'm hoping the new Newcastle owners start with a massive investment in the training facilities complex for the 1st team and youth academies. We need the best Marketing Executive we can find to grow our commercial incomes streams. We need to get our Academy setups right and our Scouting systems to attract good players at all levels. We need to have a sensible wage structure system that we won't break. We shouldn't overpay for players. This is a 5-10 year plan long term plan to reach the top.
Haha! Good luck with that now you’re the richest club in the world!

Can you just remind us all when it was that Liverpool were relegated ? Ah yes very current and relevant 1953 / 1954 season and just in case you did not know they did not return to the top flight until 1962 / 1963 when the one and only Bill Shankly was the manager , would hardly describe him as a Sugar Daddy but he was the real reason that we got promoted back and then went on to do great things . Much as Bill will always be my hero and made me happy for many years he has nothing to do with the current team or what we achieve . Newcastle will need some careful work and if they can find a Bill Shankly of their own then they will be fine . Sadly great men like him are not easy to find so they will have to find their own path .

Drivel.
And that “bankrolled by sugar daddy” is one hell of a glassy glass house you’re standing in.

I think it is pretty obvious that he is highlighting the hypocrisy that exists in the game: money has always been a key route to success.

Any proof of anything other than being named? I look forward to your evidence.

I don’t normally talk much about my team here on pfm but this is going to get really amusing.

The United Kingdom has relations with Saudi Arabia and many other countries some people may not approve of. While such relations exist between countries there is no need for football or anything else to take it upon themselves to make some kind of inconsequential statement.

I was right earlier. Hilarious stuff coming up in this thread from the kiddies.

They dislike the spurs on here, and the posters, more bothered with the top four incessant prattle shite
especially moaning/digging at NUFC when some clubs have been bank rolled for years

loads of money
To be fair, it’s a very small number prattling on like kids, there is usually some good banter going on between the sensible folk. It’s generally a good thread and they won’t ruin it despite their efforts and whining on.

I predicted the thread (above) would become amusing and it has. What makes it funny is the prattling nonsense is not banter, they actually mean it. In my head I read their posts in a kind of childlike, whinging manner and then I roll about laughing. It’s good for the soul.

By the way, as bad as Noocarsel were yesterday you can only play the opposition and Tottinghaaam were very good, especially given the start and the atmosphere. The match was never a 2-3, should have been more like 6 for Spurs. I’’m hoping it sends a message to Mandy and co and the cabbage is binned asap.

Yeah, always liked them. I’d only been a Liverpool fan for a year (after my mum and dad brought me back a scarf from Rome) when this happened...

First match I vaguely remember watching... what was the score again?
I don't remember heading been a strong point of Terry McDermotts game but the pace on the cross from Steve Highway was perfect.

I was a ball boy at Boro when we beat Chelsea 7-2 with Mickey Burns scoring five of them. And it wasn't that long ago we put either 7 or 8 past Man City in Ericsson's last game in charge of them.

NUFC will succeed, even if they go down they can do what Liverpool did back in the day. Got relegated and bankrolled by sugar daddy pools owner and set British transfer records to get back up.

More lies and BS. In 1961 Liverpool bought St John for £37500 however in 1960 Man City paid £55000 for Dennis Law, city then sold him to Torino for £110000, wonder why you don't mention that?

I think it is pretty obvious that he is highlighting the hypocrisy that exists in the game: money has always been a key route to success.
No the hypocrisy is using Liverpool as an example when the fact is City were at it even back then but still ended up in the bottom half of the table.

More lies and BS. In 1961 Liverpool bought St John for £37500 however in 1960 Man City paid £55000 for Dennis Law, city then sold him to Torino for £110000, wonder why you don't mention that?

No one is criticising Liverpool, Cooky, it is just a fact that Moore's family money helped them become a dominant force. More than 20 years ago, United were shelling out 30m for Rio and 35m for Veron, even Michael Carrick was 25m! Jack Walker gave Blackburn the trophy; Sir John Hall gave Newcastle a shot at the title; Abramovich gave Mourinho all he could spend and City's takeover took us from no threat to anyone to the decade's most trophy laden team.

The Premier League, especially, is a global sporting phenomenon and acts as a huge promotional lever for owner businesses globally. For that reason, it is now the premise of billionaires from the industrial and commercial worlds and now royalty. This will not change but we all have a choice to be part of it, or not.

No one is criticising Liverpool, Cooky, it is just a fact that Moore's family money helped them become a dominant force. More than 20 years ago, United were sheeling out 30m for Rio and 35m for Veron, even Michael Carrick was 25m! Jack Walker gave Blackburn the trophy; Sir John Hall gave Newcastle a shot at the title; Abramovich gave Mourinho all he could spend and City's takeover took us from no threat to anyone to the decade's most trophy laden team.

The Premier League, especially, is a global sporting phenomenon and acts as a huge promotional lever for owner businesses globally. For that reason, it is now the premise of billionaires from the industrial and commercial worlds and now royalty. This will not change but we all have a choice to be part of it, or not.
You are trawling back to 1961 and telling fibs to make a point else why choose Liverpool and not City? The evidence points to City flashing the cash with little success whilst Liverpool under Shanks spent less ,gained promotion in a season where Sir Roger Hunt RIP scored 41 goals and under great management the rest is history.
The game is dictated by big money and I can swallow hard and accept it's here to stay and woven into the fabric. I find the money far less objectionable than the murderous billionaire despots and dictators who I feel should be barrred from football, that includes both Newcastle's and City's owners, they are beyond the pale And these monsters have no place in our game.

Last edited:
No one is criticising Liverpool, Cooky, it is just a fact that Moore's family money helped them become a dominant force. More than 20 years ago, United were shelling out 30m for Rio and 35m for Veron, even Michael Carrick was 25m! Jack Walker gave Blackburn the trophy; Sir John Hall gave Newcastle a shot at the title; Abramovich gave Mourinho all he could spend and City's takeover took us from no threat to anyone to the decade's most trophy laden team.

Liverpool, like virtually every club (bar Leicester) have won the Premier League because they’ve been financially very well backed for years.

99% of the time, Money = success. It’s really that simple.

Now I fully expect Newcastle to win the Premier League this season with Steve Bruce in charge. The pressure is all on them now and it’s theirs to lose.

The Newcastle v Spurs match was the first one I've watched on Sky this season, partly to see if all the talk of Kane being shite was true and partly to rejoice in Newcastles misery as another home defeat would be compounded by all the prematch hype and fanfare.

I made two predictions: the first was there would be lots of Geordies in the crowd wearing the traditional Arab headdress (despite no requirement for protection from the hot desert sun on Tyneside in mid October) and the second was Tottenham to win 5-1. One out of two ain't bad and had they been the Spurs team of two years ago with Ericsson in midfield it probably would have been five tbh.

Liverpool, like virtually every club (bar Leicester) have won the Premier League because they’ve been financially very well backed for years.

99% of the time, Money = success. It’s really that simple.

Now I fully expect Newcastle to win the Premier League this season with Steve Bruce in charge. The pressure is all on them now and it’s theirs to lose.

I just can't see the world's leading players choosing Newcastle over the 'big' teams - maybe over time. They won't find it easy it the short term.

You are trawling back to 1961 and telling fibs to make a point else why chose Liverpool and not City? The evidence points to City flashing the cash with little success whilst Liverpool under Shanks spent less ,gained promotion in a season where Sir Roger Hunt RIP scored 41 goals and under great management the rest is history.
The game is dictated by big money and I can swallow hard and accept it's here to stay and woven into the fabric. I find the money far less objectionable than the murderous billionaire despots and dictators who I feel should be barrred from football, that includes both Newcastle's and City's owners, they are beyond the pale And these monsters have no place in our game.

I look forward to a Liverpool takeover then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back