advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

to manager of the season should be the managerial team that achieves the most with the least resource in the context of the competition. I wont deny Klop or Peps achievements are great this season, but there might be more interesting ways to award accolades that just giving it to the manager who won the cups or the league.....

I wouldn't argue with that.

The LMA Award has been won by the likes of Chris Wilder, Eddie Howe, and Steve Coppell (twice), so not always managers from the most successful sides.

Or piling on the agony. :D

Perhaps Alex occasionally* wishes he’d been able to talk Jurgen or Pep into taking over from him instead of the three-time LMA Award winner, David Moyes. Doesn’t bear thinking about...

(*Every day and night.)

The LMA Award has been won by the likes of Chris Wilder, Eddie Howe, and Steve Coppell (twice), so not always managers from the most successful sides.

Perhaps Alex occasionally* wishes he’d been able to talk Jurgen or Pep into taking over from him instead of the three-time LMA Award winner, David Moyes. Doesn’t bear thinking about...

(*Every day and night.)
I've been looking at the Premier League Manager of the year awards - attention to detail never been my strong suit.:)

It’s confusing, as Klopp won both awards last night. As mentioned above, the PL one does tend to go to whoever wins the League. Just checked, and Pardew and Pulis are among the winners of that though, ahead of Mancini and Pellegrini. (tf)

Klopp seemed quite humble about it all, with no suggestion of giving it the big ‘un. : )

Interesting that Klopp won the league manager of the year, when City, Spurs and even Man United spent more days on top of the Premier League this season, than Liverpool did.

So how is it calculated/decided?

No idea, especially when you add the cloud of cheating by methods banned in the Tour De France, i'm surprised more hasn't been made of it. The fact that Liverpool will have played the maximum amount of minutes during the season to win an unprecedented Quad, whilst their style is high intensity and high press for 90 mins, you could argue that it's superhuman.

The scousers who mentioned it on a podcast and got banned by the club, the guy who predicted that Liverpool wouldn't win the league due to you needing to have a fallow season, and your lot fell off a cliff for the first half of the season, and the stat that is well known that 12% of the population are asthmatic, yet at Liverpool it's over 60% of your players are officially registered as Asthmatic. My 'lame arse' comment the other day was a little light hearted banter, i thought the scousers were renowned for having a sense of humour?.. obviously it's only when it's directed elsewhere.

Oh, sweetheart, you bury your head in the sand, but your aggressive nature on here, and by sections of your support probably explains why Wolves were cheering every goal that City scored when at Anfield, to deny you the title. Do you need proof for that too, or was Klopp's bemusement in an interview enough? ((whispers)).. not everyone likes your team or your club, in fact if you look on twitter etc, it's quite the opposite. Love and kisses, Alex, it's only football. ;)

You mention the Tour de France... I’ve followed pro cycling all season long for a very long time. Teams and riders will always find new ways to cheat; same for any professional sports, I guess. I know all about Operación Puerto, Eufemiano Fuentes and his clients, not just in cycling, but allegedly top teams in Spanish football and some of the biggest Spanish tennis names.

However, I’m not about to make lame doping insinuations today about anyone in cycling, football, or any other professional sports, as I have no evidence whatsoever. You, on the other hand...

I on the other hand find it strange that someone can predict a Liverpool side, that was one of the best premier league sides ever, if you listen to certain quarters, could be predicted to fall off of a cliff performance wise, even losing to Aston Villa 7-2. Prime Barcelona have also had the spectre of not playing by the rules, because the same doctor that helped Lance Armstrong with his blood transfusions also worked at Barca, so you're in good company, my lovely.

Having a team that is over 60% "asthmatic"... interesting.
[raises both eyebrows].
Wouldn't be surprised if most Clubs are up to something... it's a question of who has the best "program".

Chelsea win Manager of the Year this season.
I heard a rumour that we'll be getting Neymar this summer, and another player who's name escapes me.. now wouldn't that be exciting? I'm certain that he'd make a better fist of it than Lukaku has this season.

I on the other hand find it strange that someone can predict a Liverpool side, that was one of the best premier league sides ever, if you listen to certain quarters, could be predicted to fall off of a cliff performance wise, even losing to Aston Villa 7-2. Prime Barcelona have also had the spectre of not playing by the rules, because the same doctor that helped Lance Armstrong with his blood transfusions also worked at Barca, so you're in good company, my lovely.

Oh mate, you scamp!! You're saying that the reason all of Liverpool's back line had severe joint and muscle injuries last season because of.....over-dosing on caffeine the previous season? That explains Pickford hobbling Virgil then, and Matip and Gomez breaking down (both of whom are notoriously made of biscuits). Liverpool under-performed last year because the defence was broken and the midfield was ripped to bits to try and hold it together (Fabinho and Henderson at CB FFS). But you carry on with your ridiculous conspiracy theories.. knock yourself out, but you're making yourself a laughing stock.

The medications help reduce injuries too, so when you stop taking them?!! By the way, VVD was still playing when you lost 7-2. Don't you think it strange that over 60% of Liverpool footballers are registered as asthmatic? Laugh away, Colin, but if your manager and your team are cheating to gain an advantage, then the joke is actually on you, my lovely.

advertisement

Back