advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

I'll settle for a decent game with a few goals regardless of who wins.
With everything that's going on just now I feel privileged to be able to spend some time with my youngest son watching a sport we both love.
Spot on.

I'm sure the Liverpool fans on here will be acutely aware of that as they have benefitted from 'such decisions' quite recently.
There were a lot of poor decisions in the game but not sure any of them changed the outcome of the game. I’m still quietly seething about the decision that went against us versus WBA on Friday. That’s football though, smaller clubs don’t get the breaks.

I hear we had a decent penalty shout.
Who'dathunk in the SB era we'd today be frustrated by a defeat to a late goal away from home to the European and World Champions.

Who'dathunk in the SB era we'd today be frustrated by a defeat to a late goal away from home to the European and World Champions.
Definite penalty, we were lucky there. However, Havertz challenge not a red in my opinion.

We were poor and Newcastle played very well, pressed effectively and deserved something from the game. But the Havertz goal was delicious.

Nailed on pen and a clear red card if you’ve ever played football or watched football properly and don’t have your head stuck up your arse. He lifts his elbow at the last second.

More misery for Leeds I hear. I don’t think they will get into Europe this year.

Would hardly call a two - one win misery and considering this was the new managers first win and takes Leeds away from the drop zone and pushes a rival further back cause for celebration but then again what do i know .

Would hardly call a two - one win misery and considering this was the new managers first win and takes Leeds away from the drop zone and pushes a rival further back cause for celebration but then again what do i know .
Ha, ha. I thought they’d drawn, it was a very late winner, serves me right. Norwich are down anyway, I think Leeds will probably just about stay up, unfortunately;)

I'll settle for a decent game with a few goals regardless of who wins.
With everything that's going on just now I feel privileged to be able to spend some time with my youngest son watching a sport we both love.

Hope you and your son enjoyed yourselves, There was a dad with his young son sitting next to me today, I think the son was progressively getting a bit bored until the goal.
Having seen a few bits on the TV since I got home I think we got a bit lucky today.

Hope you and your son enjoyed yourselves, There was a dad with his young son sitting next to me today, I think the son was progressively getting a bit bored until the goal.
Having seen a few bits on the TV since I got home I think we got a bit lucky today.
Thanks - my son's all grown up now but I agree it wasn't an easy watch.
The one bit of real quality being the Havertz goal.
Waiting for MOTD to take a look at the more controversial moments as when you're at the ground (as you know) it's difficult to make an informed judgement - very happy with the 3 points though.:)

Watched the Chelsea Geordies game and admit to being surprised at the closeness of the two teams. Speaking as a neutral, I thought it should have been a penalty for Newcastle and regarding the challenge by Havertz, I wouldn’t have given a red as he didn’t swing the elbow at the moment of impact and neither did he look at the defender in advance. Also, he doesn’t seem that kind of player and the summarisers comparison of him with Bergkamp was astute. I was very disappointed at the constant complaining to the referee by quite a few Chelsea players - somebody must have really pissed on Jorginhios, Ziyech and Kovacics chips before the game. It was reminiscent of the Wise and Terry eras.

I guess none of you have played football. :) You don’t have to look at the defender to know where he is. The elbow was a nailed on red but the ref bottled it same as the VAR joker bottled the pen.

advertisement

Back