advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

Boris Johnson’s government worked for months to encourage the Premier League to approve the controversial Saudi Arabia-backed takeover of Newcastle United, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

The extensive efforts to facilitate the deal, led by Johnson’s minister for investment, Lord Gerry Grimstone, were made despite the government, and Johnson, repeatedly saying publicly that they had no involvement in the takeover talks.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover

Congratulations to Jurgen Klopp on his manager of the year awards. Clearly, he has done a tremendous job and I think his award is well deserved. Here is some food for thought though: in the history of this award, it has only been won three times by managers who did not win the league. On each occasion that happened, Manchester City were the league winners.
I'm going to have to correct you on that one - in 2010 Chelsea under Carlo Ancelotti won the domestic double.
Manager of the year? - Harry Redknapp for winning the 4th place trophy at Spurs - you couldn't make it up!

But the Quadruple has never been in his hands, I don’t think even on the last day when we nearly blew it you were ever top of the league.

Who gives a flying one about manager of the year and I disagree with the idea of this season being the start of a duopoly - I think TT at Chelsea is a formidable manager and will make them competitive this season as is Conte at Spurs. Anyway best of luck to Forrest on Sunday.

Boris Johnson’s government worked for months to encourage the Premier League to approve the controversial Saudi Arabia-backed takeover of Newcastle United, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

The extensive efforts to facilitate the deal, led by Johnson’s minister for investment, Lord Gerry Grimstone, were made despite the government, and Johnson, repeatedly saying publicly that they had no involvement in the takeover talks.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover
I do hope you’re not trying to impugn the integrity of our wonderful PM honest and true as he undoubtedly is

Next year will be an exciting season. Naturally, I hope it is a successful one for City, and I am as excited about the emergence of Cole Palmer as I am about Haaland. I also hope that James McAtee, Sam Edozie and Romeo Lavia are gradually introduced as they are major talents. I am looking forward to seeing Newcastle rise as they have such a fanbase despite so many trophyless years. I think Tottenham will be truly dangerous and that Arteta will help Arsenal's continued growth as they are a very young side. I've always had a soft spot for West Ham and Everton so good luck if you are a fan of theirs.

For Liverpool, good luck in the CL final - you've had a truly exceptional season and it would be nice to top it off. I look forward to Pep and Jurgen locking horns in 22/23 once again.

For United, I would like you not to improve! Seriously, as long as you're well behind City I am happy, and you are, and I am!

I do hope you’re not trying to impugn the integrity of our wonderful PM honest and true as he undoubtedly is

It's impossible to believe anything they say - it's amazing just how gullible some people are. Thinking back the Thatcher era was one big tissue of BS too, it's not new.

I'm going to have to correct you on that one - in 2010 Chelsea under Carlo Ancelotti won the domestic double.
Manager of the year? - Harry Redknapp for winning the 4th place trophy at Spurs - you couldn't make it up!

Fair play.

It's impossible to believe anything they say - it's amazing just how gullible some people are.
Some people feel safer with stories that firm up a sense of justice and security rather than questioning the lies for fear that all they take comfort in may come tumbling down

"considered to be in the UK’s strategic and economic interests". Quote unquote.
I refer all future queries regarding the ownership of NUFC to the Premier League and UK Government...over which the FANS of NUFC have no sway or control.
I consider this the end of the matter. ;)

Was that when Chelsea were the club that "bought the title" with Roman's money?

to manager of the season should be the managerial team that achieves the most with the least resource in the context of the competition. I wont deny Klop or Peps achievements are great this season, but there might be more interesting ways to award accolades that just giving it to the manager who won the cups or the league.....

Who gives a flying one about manager of the year

Sir Alex Ferguson.

On announcing Klopp as the LMA winner, before giving him his award: “This is agony, it’s absolute agony… Jurgen Klopp.”

pjimage-9-11-960x620-c-default.jpg

Klopp pulling the five-time winner back in for the photo there. Lovely stuff.

advertisement

Back