advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

I believe that once again a small but significant number of fans were jeering and booing at the England players taking a knee. WTF is that matter with these people? The players should have refused to start the game!

We live in a time of growing national exceptionalism, we have a national identity founded on being exclusive. Against that is the politics of inclusion.

Football fans booing at taking the knee are just one expression of an identity based on a myth and against the real necessity for an inclusive society

Closely followed by Mane, Sterling, Kane, Alli (remember him?), Jesus, Vardy, Fernandes, Pogba, Martial, Rashford.
Not a single current Chelsea player gets anywhere near these guys and yet we're Champions Of Europe (again).:mad:

You're (very) drunk on success, clearly.

Unfortunately, I have also heard the taking of the knee been booed at quite a few of the PL games once crowds were allowed back in and maybe one of the recent European club finals too.

You're (very) drunk on success, clearly.
Oh yes.

51232101833_c4a8e504d2_o.jpg

Anyway, you only won it because Pep fancied trying out a new formation for a giggle.
Trouble is he does that every year in Europe.
All I can say is that the owners are clearly very patient as to have not won 'big ears' with the resources Pep has at his disposal is a fail of epic proportions.
He'll have to get his shit together next season as I don't see you retaining the league and winning the Coca Cola Cup for the umpteenth time on the spin is surely not what the powers that be signed up for?

Trouble is he does that every year in Europe.
All I can say is that the owners are clearly very patient as to have not won 'big ears' with the resources Pep has at his disposal is a fail of epic proportions.
He'll have to get his shit together next season as I don't see you retaining the league and winning the Coca Cola Cup for the umpteenth time on the spin is surely not what the powers that be signed up for?

Fortunately, the owners do not see it as an epic fail. Take Sir Alex with just two wins in 25 years of managing the leading club in England (at the time); there are never certainties in cup football.

I urge you to watch the Chairman's review of the season for an insight into the strategy behind City's success.

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!

Just in case anyone's forgot who's the best team in the Premier League. ;)

Anyway, you only won it because Pep fancied trying out a new formation for a giggle. :D
Man City might be champions in an obscure and poorly regarded little island, but ….

Anyway, you only won it because Pep fancied trying out a new formation for a giggle. :D

Yes, we did laugh when Havertz went for a nice gentle little stroll between your centre backs and then ambled ‘round your keeper to score the winner!

I'm no United fan but I don't see how you can compare the two.
City's spending since the new ownership is unprecedented and I suspect this summer will be no different.
You clearly should have, by now, won the Champions League and the blame for not having done so is clearly on Pep.
We'll never know for sure but I believe Fernandinho was left out because Pep didn't trust him to not pick up bookings against all the quick players that Chelsea had.
He said he wasn't bothered about who the ref was but I think that team selection indicated otherwise.

Yes, we did laugh when Havertz went for a nice gentle little stroll between your centre backs and then ambled ‘round your keeper to score the winner!
Such a good player he's going to be - I've watched that goal back a few times :))) and he actually points to the spot where he wants Mount to pass the ball to.
Mount duly obliges with inch perfect precision!

advertisement

Back