advertisement

All purpose Championship football thread

It purely depends upon how deep the pockets of your owners are or how willing they are to invest for the long term. You will probably get some transfer fees in for the younger, better players but their replacements may be in higher wages.

Every club in the championship is on shaky financial ground & I doubt Leeds will be any different.

Some good local derbies in the championship next season, almost glad not to be part of them. Oh, actually, Barnsley & Rotherham. Oh the joy.
Look at my edited post. 13 players out on loan valued at over 100 million.

Look at my edited post. 13 players out on loan valued at over 100 million.
I did read it but my point still stands. Wages will only ever go up & your parachute payments are coming down. Whats your wage bill to turnover? Probably more than 100%?

As with any football club it’s down to the owners. What happens when you sell the players? You may not get what you think they are worth. Probably a buyers market.

I’m sure Leeds will be fine next season but will be reliant on a quick ish promotion.

I did read it but my point still stands. Wages will only ever go up & your parachute payments are coming down. Whats your wage bill to turnover? Probably more than 100%?

As with any football club it’s down to the owners. What happens when you sell the players? You may not get what you think they are worth. Probably a buyers market.

I’m sure Leeds will be fine next season but will be reliant on a quick ish promotion.
I'm not saying we are in top health. I'm saying there is not the crisis that people seem to be seeing and wishing upon us.

I'm not saying we are in top health. I'm saying there is not the crisis that people seem to be seeing and wishing upon us.
Everything is dependent on promotion. The question is whether the owners risk it for anothe season or two or begin to cut their losses. It's a long, long road back from the latter.

There is no crisis. The books are showing lag, as they always do. 73 million is due in imminently, but since the accounts, 40 million was recuperated from Raphinha and Sinisterra. Then we have 11 other players out on loan, worth quite a lot.

It's never a buyers market if two or three clubs are bidding and the club is stable, the player will go for the market value and Leeds will not be under the pressure that people like to think they are under.

Everything is dependent on promotion. The question is whether the owners risk it for anothe season or two or begin to cut their losses. It's a long, long road back from the latter.

Leeds-live.co.uk is a clickbait site.

Leeds-live.co.uk is a clickbait site.
It's Reach plc which is/was Trinity Mirror so yes at one level but it represents what's left of local journalism too! It broadly supports your argument btw but there will be tough choices!

All the clowns out on loan can do it all over again as it's in their contracts. If they have any sense they'll continue to run them out.Angus did a great job on the contract negotiations. Unfortunately Farke relied on a individual doing something rather than an actual team plan. Every team who went for the low block, we ran out of ideas. Farke is not a tactical genius.. Hopefully we win a few next season, premier league could have been a farce. Farke is the antithesis of Bielsa.

There is no crisis. The books are showing lag, as they always do. 73 million is due in imminently, but since the accounts, 40 million was recuperated from Raphinha and Sinisterra. Then we have 11 other players out on loan, worth quite a lot.

It's never a buyers market if two or three clubs are bidding and the club is stable, the player will go for the market value and Leeds will not be under the pressure that people like to think they are under.
I agree that you are not in immediate danger, I do think it’s a buyers market at the moment, especially when there is an imbalance of power.

I think Leeds will only have a pressing problem if they don’t secure a speedy return to the EPL.

Very hard to predict how Leeds will do next season. If they get the recruitment right they could go up comfortably, but equally I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop off. That squad has a lot of question marks over it and I've seen it all before with players who think they're too good for a scrap in the Championship. When they lost at Loftus Rd I saw Gnonto having a laugh with a QPR player at 3-0 down, he couldn't have cared less.

I think Leeds will do well, not sure any of the relegated teams will come straight back up. Have a feeling Luton will do the best though, they seemingly have a sustainable model.

I’d like Sheffield Wednesday to do well, always liked them as a club, be great to have them in the EPL.

That's only half the picture, 70 million is due. Not 190. Loan plates amount to: Harrison (25 million), Greenwood (2 million), Wober (10 million), Kristensen (8 million), Roja (10 million), Llorente (10million), Aaronsen (10 million), Sinisterra (25 million), Drameh (2 million), Poveda (2 million), Gyabi (2 million, Bate(2 million) all out on loan will make up most of that, if not more. The asking price for all is estimated at over 100 million.

And we can lose Gnonto for me too. I'd also be happy to see Sommerville go. He is a one trick pony, only scores on the left by cutting across the penalty box. There is a other 70 million.

I didn't see a crisis at all. My concern is losing the loan players that have come and done well, such as Roberts and Rodon.
Sinisterra joined Bournemouth for £20M. I think your values for the other players are top end. Kristensen and Llorente (combined fees £28M) both had poor seasons. Harrison is keen to stay at Everton, who are skint. If Aaronsen is valued at £10M that represents a near £15M loss. Boro turned down signing Greenwood for £1.5M.

Seems inevitable that Gnonto and Somerville will go to help balance the books.

Cheers BB

Sinisterra joined Bournemouth for £20M. I think your values for the other players are top end. Kristensen and Llorente (combined fees £28M) both had poor seasons. Harrison is keen to stay at Everton, who are skint. If Aaronsen is valued at £10M that represents a near £15M loss. Boro turned down signing Greenwood for £1.5M.

Cheers BB
Yes, I would say my prices are all asking prices.

I want Gnonto and Summerville to go, Gnonto is not good enough even in the Chanpionship, Summerville scores only by cutting in from the left outside the box and scoring with his right foot. And he doesn't want to pass the ball. Southampton and loads of other teams in the last half of the season shut him down and he has no other tricks. He needs to learn one fast or he is not getting any goals next season.

As far as I can see, we need to raise about 30 million this summer. I'm not at all worried about balancing the books, I'm more worried about more turncoats leaving for the PL, leaving us with half a team andthe other bunch of turncoats that cannot get a game anywhere but clearly don't want to play for Leeds. This is where the potential crisis will be.

Everton are interested in Phillips, can’t see him getting back to anything like, looks a spent force (or was overrated to start with). Leeds did very well on that deal.

Everton are interested in Phillips, can’t see him getting back to anything like, looks a spent force (or was overrated to start with). Leeds did very well on that deal.
I hope we've been sufficiently burned by our signing of Dele Ali to give Kalvin Phillips a miss. We really need to avoid ex-England midfielders at the moment...

I hope we've been sufficiently burned by our signing of Dele Ali to give Kalvin Phillips a miss. We really need to avoid ex-England midfielders at the moment...
They said the same about Ross Barkley and he’s had a superb season for Luton. Philips is younger and hasn’t had the number of injuries Barkley had so should be able get to his best sooner with some game time.

They'll need to sell before they can buy so prices will be held down. I think Leeds will find it harder next season, I can't see where that consistency is going to come from. They think they're getting Calum O'Hare on a free but he's not going to another Championship team, I also think that he's not the force he was before doing his ACL...

advertisement

Back