advertisement

Air guitar Pre

Hi John

You may notice that I peperoni and our lodger almichie are on the list but I got fed up waiting and did it myself. So we would be out of the numbers. Its very easy to make these things if anyone wants any help let me know.

Cheers

Nick

peperoni said:
Hi John

You may notice that I peperoni and our lodger almichie are on the list but I got fed up waiting and did it myself. So we would be out of the numbers. Its very easy to make these things if anyone wants any help let me know.

Cheers

Nick

Nick,

I did notice that ;-) but I thought you may still be interested in 'proper' board maybe as a spare... I think 30 or 40 boards should cover it. As soon as people are aware what a Air Guitar pre actually is... I read it first and thought what the hell is that... The fact you are selling a £4k pre amp does sort of say it is a bit special.

John

Mr Tibbs said:
David,

Agree 100%. Anything from 1K to 10K for the resistor will give excellent results and have absolutely no effect on the signal.

Mr Tibbs

Does this mean that the 330K input mod should be to leave the 330k resistor in place, adding a 1k to 10k resistor between it and the 24V rail, and then adding a cap between this junction and ground...what value cap though?

24V rail
|
1k (or10k)
|_________Cap_____GND
|
|
|
signal in

jonnoshore said:
Ok all,

I spent ~ an hour this morning trawling the thread to get
( names - no. of boards - useful info for pcb/design in thread # ) information below.
This can be used to start a group buy sticky thread it will just need people to confirm to whoever sorts out the order not in the thread I assume by PM... Info is pretty self explanatory:

I counted 35 posts of 'I'll have one/two' etc... + 10 names who may be interested... so potentially we could have 40-50 boards needed. I am sure if more people knew what a AG pre was there may be even more wanting boards.

I was hoping to get boards made, but the problem was the need for a file to send to a manufacturer in the right format. This has proved to be impossible to do from the pdf file of the design and would need re-designing. I've realised that this is a task beyond my knowledge of pcb design and there doesnt appear to be anyone else with the time.
The only other way to go would be to get quotes for re-doing the pcb design plus manufacture or to go the diy approach as other have.
Any thoughts?

Hi Folks

Have been listening again most of today and would like to change my description of the pre amp. It was bloody good but would have to be in the astonishing class now. I don't know if its the ALW regs or the other components but after about a month it has gone bananas. I have heard ATC SCA2, 82 with 2 hicaps and 52 with Supercap but this baby rocks like a good un.

Cheers

Nick

Just found these people

http://www.crownhill.co.uk/product.php?prod=378

Here's a quote from their website...

"We can provide you with design schematics, parts lists, and gerber files from existing PCB designs.

You can send us a completePCB,and we can recreate the Scematic to Gerber files, NC drill data, parts list and if required a working copy of the original board.

We can also provide scematics and gerber files from your very rough hand drawings"

I'll have two too ;-) Where did we get to on getting the layout etc? Is the CAD available? I know nothing about circuit layout... I did what I could and added up the numbers... If the pre is as good as the 52/supercap like peperoni is implying I am sure there will be increased numbers... Once the word gets around...

peperoni you have pm ;-)

What are the practicalities of making this a "proper" kit? i.e. nail down the components needed, and offer it as a package ready to build - the builder just supplies a case. I wouldn't mind helping with the logisitics/parts collation. However, would this mean we need it to be a little less hairshirt (i.e. turn on relay buffer type stuff etc)?

Having not dropped in on the thread for a while, did anything come of Mr Weekes optimising the layout?

Good ideas Richard, I wonder if this could be easily implimented as a dual pole PSU ala 552 and Exposure? I have a feeling that this might be the direction the DIYers are going in anyway, just a thought really, another vote for teflon boards btw.

Dreaming of fully super regged dual pole pre plus active crossover close coupled in one box,

Ooer, I really should get out more. :)

advertisement

Back