Ninja 11 in 1 here.
Bloody brilliant bit of kit.
Does everything.
But then I don’t eat chips so ….

Last edited:
Bought a highly rated one off Amazon.
It went back.

They take-up a vast amount of space.

How they might appeal will depend enormously on your normal, preferred diet. I very seldom eat chips but reckoned that they'd be the acid test, so tried a few times, and gave up - total crap.

ANOTHER 5 minute kitchen gadget fad.......................

We have had one for years. Ours is the Phillips basket style currently. Well actually, I think we are on our third. It gets a lot of use - especially the kids. The current one is leaving when the oldest son fledges in a few weeks.
Have it's replacement on order.

In addition to chips, we have done the following with great success.
Chicken, legs, thighs and wings.
Steak / pork chops.
Hot dogs / various sausages.
Meat pies.
"Roast" potatoes
"Roast" carrots.
Pogo's (shudder)

I think it is brilliant for reheating a slice of pizza. All in all it gets a lot of usage for single meals due to varying schedules,especially the kids. Great alternative to firing up the full size range for a single chicken thigh and a few roast potatoes.

Tefal Actifry Original here, great appliance, especially with the paddle to move the food around while cooking, saving opening the lid to move the food inside.

Highly recommended.

Proceed with caution. It's only got a 3 month valid certificate and the returns email address is a Gmail account. I personally wouldn't touch it. Prices are too good to be true.
Agreed. I'm going to edit my post to remove the link to protect the unwary.

1.4kg full chicken on rotisserie breville halo

Possibly slightly overdone as the wings were a bit too crispy

Couple of lemons up it for good measure and had to do some extreme bondage to allow it to rotate as the manual says 1.0-1.3 kg

Beautifully moist and leftovers into Monday nights curry

Just using mine to make something vaguely akin to flanmmekuechen. It's just a small oven. I use it a lot. Mine's not a 5 minute fab, I use it more than the main oven and if it broke I'd replace it. Great for things like sausages with onions.

Surely you store yours in the servants quarters?

Ours gets used all the time. Saves a range oven with twin fan elements going on for minor stuff. We eat very little processed food.

Today, I sterilised jars for my home made raspberry jam!

Chips and home made wedges are very good indeed. Interestingly we now have a Breville (daughter dropped my Philips), the old one definitely did better oven chips.

So we bought this (mentioned earlier).

Tower Xpress Pro T17039 Vortx 5-in-1 Digital Air Fryer Oven with Rapid Air Circulation, 60-Minute Timer, 11 L, 2000 W, Black [Save Upto 50% On Energy Bills], Pack of 1 https://amzn.eu/d/0ZHlhvx

So far sausages, salmon, jacket potatoe and sweet potato fries done.

It's a bit noisy but cleans easily. No failures but the sweet potato fries could have been crispier although normal fries have been. Maybe it's the type of potatoe used?
The jacket potatoe was done on the rotisserie and took 40 minutes. In the microwave, it takes 9 minutes.
So I'm puzzled on how that item is cheaper to cook in the air fryer.

Cooks a meal for 4 in one go which is why we bought it.

So we bought this (mentioned earlier).

Tower Xpress Pro T17039 Vortx 5-in-1 Digital Air Fryer Oven with Rapid Air Circulation, 60-Minute Timer, 11 L, 2000 W, Black [Save Upto 50% On Energy Bills], Pack of 1 https://amzn.eu/d/0ZHlhvx

So far sausages, salmon, jacket potatoe and sweet potato fries done.

It's a bit noisy but cleans easily. No failures but the sweet potato fries could have been crispier although normal fries have been. Maybe it's the type of potatoe used?
The jacket potatoe was done on the rotisserie and took 40 minutes. In the microwave, it takes 9 minutes.
So I'm puzzled on how that item is cheaper to cook in the air fryer.

Cooks a meal for 4 in one go which is why we bought it.
Very nice looking machine. Looks like a great buy.

I don’t like jacket spuds cooked completely in a microwave, I start them off for a few minutes in the microwave then transfer to the main oven for most of the cooking for the crispiness of the skin. I’ll try the air-fryer next time rather than the main oven but we don’t eat many spuds here.

Unbelievable that some think these machines are useless and a bit of a fad that will be used once. Probably best not posting if they don’t know what to do with them and think they’re just a chip pan. They don’t do good chips, imo, but do so much else really well. A bit of imagination and trying stuff is all that is needed.

advertisement

Back