advertisement

Air Fryers?

Air Fryers Scalrectrix?

8M7RPkx.jpg

We may already be past peak air-fryer. I popped into my local British Heart Foundation shop yesterday and alongside the slow cookers, ancient TVs and electric mixers were two second hand air-fryers for sale:eek:

Last edited:
4 Birds eye chicken pies in their individual foil cups cooked in 35 minutes without the doughy softness we sometimes get in our conventional oven.

All four of us agreed they were cooked better.

We may already be past peak air-fryer. I popped into my local British Heart Foundation shop yesterday and alongside the slow cookers, ancient TVs and electric mixers were two second hand air-fryers for sale:eek:
I might have to call in the local charity shops to see if I can snag a slow cooker. Quite handy, I used to have one as a student. It was great.

I might have to call in the local charity shops to see if I can snag a slow cooker. Quite handy, I used to have one as a student. It was great.
I have a friend who works all hours and she swears by it, not just the ease but the quality of the cooking. My mother had a big orange one in the 70s along with one of these-

W59qMBw.jpg

We have tried to declutter much of our previous kitchen stuff to free up work surface space. The two bulky items I still use a lot are a Panasonic microwave/grill/ convection oven and a Panasonic bread maker which used to get used every couple of days but infrequently now given that there’s a wonderful sourdough bread supplier a short walk away.

I've just done that - we gave our old one to one of the kids about fifteen years ago as we weren't using it, but have just snagged a much smaller new one, just right for a stew for two. :).

Beef joints, ham joints, stews and casseroles - all fantastic in the slow cooker. Now the weather has turned ours will be making a reappearance.

Beef joints, ham joints, stews and casseroles - all fantastic in the slow cooker. Now the weather has turned ours will be making a reappearance.
If you’re cooking a large single piece like a joint, does it break up in the cooker or can you slice it after cooking? I imagined it would be for diced beef etc? I shouldn’t be asking this as I’m now talking myself into something I said I wouldn’t do…

If you’re cooking a large single piece like a joint, does it break up in the cooker or can you slice it after cooking? I imagined it would be for diced beef etc? I shouldn’t be asking this as I’m now talking myself into something I said I wouldn’t do…
Stays together in the cooker but falls apart when you cut it. So succulent.

advertisement

Back