advertisement

Accidental Dynavector HX1.2 mk2

I’ve managed to have a Densen for at least 20 years. I even have that ridiculous DeMagic disc somewhere.

james, exactly what speakers are you using, and if it's not to much trouble, can we have the Make and model, why people only put down the model number, and think we all will know what he is rambling about beggars belief, :mad:

james, exactly what speakers are you using, and if it's not to much trouble, can we have the Make and model, why people only put down the model number, and think we all will know what he is rambling about beggars belief, :mad:
Right now, a pair of Yamaha NS-1000M with Troels Gravesen crossovers, which are a marked improvement over the OEM standard. They alternate with my own design Ergo E-IXs and Ergo E-IIIRs. The Yams are 90dB/w/m, IIIRs are 87dB/w/m and the IXs are 83dB/w/m.

I recently sold the HX-1.2mk2, and made quite a tidy profit too. Regrettably I decided I did not need three different power amplifiers, and the Dynavector drew the short straw. Its transformer's tendency to buzz with poor mains probably counted against it. I kept the Pioneer M-22 and Densen B-350s instead.
Never had an issue with mains. The meridian G52 it replaced rattled like a gooden

advertisement

Back