advertisement

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

Free Your Mind: The Matrix Now

From Manchester's new Factory International venue.

Experience the classic sci-fi film The Matrix like never before in this spectacular live show brought to life through mind-expanding dance and the latest immersive design.

https://factoryinternational.org/whats-on/free-your-mind-the-matrix-now/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m001tws5/free-your-mind-the-matrix-now
Saw part of this last night, must go back to watch when I can concentrate on it properly. The choreography was certainly more inspiring than the dance sequences in the New Years Day concert from Vienna this morning.

Have they 're shown the film where they relocate the reindeer hundreds of miles in a transhumance to some islands where they only have grass for a few weeks in the summer? They often show it around Christmas, and it's an amazing bit of film. it goes on for hours with very little dialogue and they resist the urge to over narrate or translate every word. So if you can see that they are cooking dinner in a tent, they leave you to it. If the man is talking to his dog or his children, they don't translate it. You work it out. It's refreshing.

Have they 're shown the film where they relocate the reindeer hundreds of miles in a transhumance to some islands where they only have grass for a few weeks in the summer? They often show it around Christmas, and it's an amazing bit of film. it goes on for hours with very little dialogue and they resist the urge to over narrate or translate every word. So if you can see that they are cooking dinner in a tent, they leave you to it. If the man is talking to his dog or his children, they don't translate it. You work it out. It's refreshing.
On Youtube, see
- watched this twice at the time, and my now watch it again after your reminder.

Just watching 2nd episode. Quite chilling as you hear how people were held back by procedures, management structures etc. How NASA struggled asking external agencies for assistance in trying to get images to show any damage.
NASA was just like any other conglomerate, "ten divisions all in competition with each other."

I know nothing about space travel technology, other what I've read or viewed, but I understood the shuttle was travelling up to 16,000 miles an hour. A chunk of material, even something as light as polystyrene foam but half the size of a sofa cushion, travelling at a fraction of that speed will carry a hefty punch, if it hits something as thin as carbon fibre. The demonstration proved it.
This was a well produced programme, "well done CBS."

This was a well produced programme, "well done CBS."
It was produced by Mindhouse, a UK independent established by Louis Theroux.

It was produced by Mindhouse, a UK independent established by Louis Theroux.

I thought I saw the CBS logo at the end of the credits.

Up on Iplayer at the moment is Aftersun, Charlotte Wells' directorial debut, with fantastic performances from Paul Mescal and Frankie Corio. I watched it because Paul Mescal was so good in All Of Us Strangers, and he's possibly even better in this. The only warning I'd give is it deals with mental health issues, so maybe don't watch if you're feeling delicate.

advertisement

Back